• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Potential large EC storm/Heavy LES March 11-13th

If the 0Z models follow the Nam and 18Z Euro...shaking my head. It's been uncanny how many times this season Syracuse has been in a good spot on the models for days and days. Then within 2 days before the event, all of a sudden things shift and we've gotten screwed (usually to the north and west). This will be a major sting if we get missed to the south and east this time.

37 minutes ago, SnowLover22 said:

Hopefully the east trend continues. I am going to be going skiing on Saturday. While fresh snow at Bristol would be nice, do not want to drive in the snow. 

Wow. You’d rather ski hard pack ice than powder, and miss an awesome storm solely because you don’t want to drive in a little snow. What in the world is going on here.  Move to florida. Haha

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Wow. You’d rather ski hard pack ice than powder, and miss an awesome storm solely because you don’t want to drive in a little snow. What in the world is going on here.  Move to florida. Haha

Went down a black diamond at Whiteface and hit a patch of ice and slid down 20% of it lol. Always prefer powder over ice.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Went down a black diamond at Whiteface and hit a patch of ice and slid down 20% of it lol. Always prefer powder over ice.

I fell really hard while on a ski trip in high school and was sore and black/blue for a couple days.

I fell on ice in the parking lot at work a month ago and am still sore and have sharp pains at times. Chiropractor has helped. But, it's just a reminder that I'm not a resilient high schooler anymore.

I'm guessing our friend in Geneva is close to your age and not a geriatric patient like the rest of us above 39 years old or in their golden years like @Syrmax or @CNY_WX

;)

24 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

My car is shit in the snow. The smallest amount on the roads and I am sliding like crazy. As long at the storm ends before I plan on hitting the road to drive(around 4PM on Saturday), I should be fine. Obviously I would love to ski in powder, just wish the timing of the storm was better.