Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 10-12 Potential Winter Storm

Hoosier

1 hour ago, buckeye said:

those aren't the same "S's"   

20 hours ago, sojitodd said:

Time for Spring...no more snow! You can have it up their if you want it.

8 hours ago, sojitodd said:

As long as it is not ice, I can deal with it. Bring it on!

It would really help if I could cut and paste properly.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

The GFS has really gotten to a new level of bad this winter when it comes to dealing with storm systems. 

I'm not even talking about the main low.  Just look at what it's doing in the next 48-72 hours.

Word has it the folks at the Farmer's Almanac have taken over full duty in GFS programming and product development.  

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Hoosier said:

The GFS has really gotten to a new level of bad this winter when it comes to dealing with storm systems. 

I'm not even talking about the main low.  Just look at what it's doing in the next 48-72 hours.

I think the most annoying thing is that the "upgraded" GFS had many issues apparent prior to roll out. At least at the time we had the "old" guidance to compare/contrast. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Hoosier said:

It really has. Not just big systems. Literally every event/disturbance. And there's not even a known bias (ala 2008 NW trend). Sometimes it's north, sometimes south. Sometimes it benefits you. Sometimes it screws you. The only thing you can count on with the gfs anymore is that it will be incorrect.

10 hours ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

I think the most annoying thing is that the "upgraded" GFS had many issues apparent prior to roll out. At least at the time we had the "old" guidance to compare/contrast. 

Yeah it was so bad it was kind of surprising when NCEP was like, welp here you go anyway. 

Kind of like if Ford knows that some of their new Lightning pickup trucks could possibly spontaneously burst into flames and then still release to the dealers for sale.  

• Like 2