• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 6 (late) - March 7 System

Hoosier

I know how you are supposed to record snow at O'Hare and I know how I record snow for my own purposes. I didn't get 3.8" of snow, but appreciate the concern. 
It's to the nearest tenth of an inch. That's the correct way, period.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, RCNYILWX said:

It's to the nearest tenth of an inch. That's the correct way, period.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Correct and accurate are two different things, pal. I don't think you get to dictate how I measure and record my own damn snow, but glad you both could be assholes this morning and remind me why I stay off these boards. ;) 

• Like 1

Thanks for chiming in, asswipe.  
Nice, I informed you that your snow measuring methodology is incorrect and then get called an asswipe. Makes your complaints about etiquette in here ring hollow. There isn't a different way to report your snow total. You could have your own thoughts on it, but there's no way around the fact that snow is reported to the nearest tenth of an inch and has been that way since records have been reliably kept by the NWS.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

Nice, I informed you that your snow measuring methodology is incorrect and then get called an asswipe. Makes your complaints about etiquette in here ring hollow. There isn't a different way to report your snow total. You could have your own thoughts on it, but there's no way around the fact that snow is reported to the nearest tenth of an inch and has been that way since records have been reliably kept by the NWS.

Agree. NWS snow sticks are in tenths of inches, I have several. If we want to be super technical any nws measurement should be taken on a device with tenths of inches.

3 hours ago, McHenrySnow said:

Correct and accurate are two different things, pal. I don't think you get to dictate how I measure and record my own damn snow, but glad you both could be assholes this morning and remind me why I stay off these boards. ;) 

You really need to do something about your attitude.  It's a bad look in general but especially since you're a met.  

There are standards for measuring snow.  If you're using a regular ruler and come up with 3 1/8", would you say you got 3.125"?  That would be a little silly, no?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

You really need to do something about your attitude.  It's a bad look in general but especially since you're a met.  

There are standards for measuring snow.  If you're using a regular ruler and come up with 3 1/8", would you say you got 3.125"?  That would be a little silly, no?

I took this pic Feb 16, 2021. I usually don't show close ups of my snow stick but it's a pretty neat measuring tool. And its all in tenths.

Screenshot_20220307-171414_Gallery.jpg

I got 0.0000000002" of snow using the @McHenrySnowmethod

Oh and since you will see this post, unlike the others I won't be as nice. Everyone knows how to measure snow and you posting what you are posting is a bunch of crap. I question your red tag every time you post because no met would say and do these things. I don't care who gets upset at me saying that but you are making those of us who are actual mets look bad with your posting.

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1