Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2022 Short/Medium Range Severe Weather Discussion

Chicago Storm

20 minutes ago, Baum said:

just cracked a leinies oktoberfest....thinking it'll be straight whiskey in a few hours once bears/pack kick off. I'm good with a miss south. Prefer to suffer through my azz whippings with the power on.

Sad that we have highs in the 80s in September and can't manage a more legit severe threat this far north.

3 minutes ago, CheeselandSkies said:

That's what I've said the last few times we've had highs in the 80s in early April.

Yeah, but I feel like there simply wasn't anything around those times you said that (maybe I'm wrong).  We have a severe threat this time, it's just mainly south of I-80.

• Like 1

https://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/watch/ww0536.html

Cells firing in far southeast Iowa with another further north, just north of I-80 NE of Des Moines. Biggest is the one between Centerville and Bloomfield. No warnings out as of yet. Some hints of rotation already per KDVN radar, but glad I sat this one out as CAM idea of initiation close to/maturing and :twister: after dark seems to be holding true.

15 hours ago, Baum said:

just cracked a leinies oktoberfest....thinking it'll be straight whiskey in a few hours once bears/pack kick off. I'm good with a miss south. Prefer to suffer through my azz whippings with the power on.

money. passed out as the storm rolled in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, madwx said:

Pretty amazing bust on the CAMs which did not predict the line of storms going through southern wisconsin

54 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Atrocious performance by the runs from earlier today.  Really no other way to say it.

Not only CAMS, but most other guidance also didn't have much of anything for the most part.

• Like 1

• Chicago Storm changed the title to 2022 Short/Medium Range Severe Weather Discussion