• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2022 OBS Thread

5 hours ago, RedSky said:

Another fall like day yet the month with no 90's and only a couple 80's is above normal

May make a race toward 90F this Friday before we cool off for the weekend. Still hoping to get through June w/o a 90F temp.

This afternoon/evening was lame...pretty much nothing. I'm getting a shower at 10:15pm which will move out quickly and nothing behind.

72F/DP 67F A shower... 

• Weenie 1

12k NAM hammers the region with an MCS but rest of guidance is south. 

In other news an unusual cirrus cloud deck that can be seen on satellite has clouded up the mostly sunny day. Continues the trend of any perturbation possible happens this year to block heat, yet the months still keep averaging above normal. 

15 minutes ago, RedSky said:

12k NAM hammers the region with an MCS but rest of guidance is south. 

In other news an unusual cirrus cloud deck that can be seen on satellite has clouded up the mostly sunny day. Continues the trend of any perturbation possible happens this year to block heat, yet the months still keep averaging above normal. 

Even the 3k NAM is south of the 12k. While it looks like a miss to the south, I wouldn't 100% completely write it off just yet. I remember the morning of the June 2020 MCS (which took out about 1/2 dozen trees on my property), radar show that massive blob of storms heading our way from Erie, and none of the models even initialized with it! Anyway...

84F/DP 73F...humid :thumbsdown:

2 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Even the 3k NAM is south of the 12k. While it looks like a miss to the south, I wouldn't 100% completely write it off just yet. I remember the morning of the June 2020 MCS (which took out about 1/2 dozen trees on my property), radar show that massive blob of storms heading our way from Erie, and none of the models even initialized with it! Anyway...

84F/DP 73F...humid :thumbsdown:

They are inherently fickle in their track kind of like norluns 

Ended up with 0.09" from that round and the temp briefly "plunged" from the low 70s to 63 and finally to 62 as my low.  The odds and ends pieces that may be associated with the MCV moved on out, the sun came out, the temp recovered, and it's mostly sunny much of the day.  Temp is currently at 82 with dp 59.