Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2022 OBS Thread

8 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Take a picture, some of the best.

Done.

3 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Speaking of birds, these 3 stopped by earlier and were pretty conversational when they arrived (the 3rd one is on the far side of the driveway).

0516221148a_copy_2104x2040_copy_498x482.jpg.b86a3b5964632092ea04c4bd17f1cf73.jpg

My Upper Darby sis texted a pic of a (smaller) downy woodpecker.  I guess they are all out.  Did hear one around here a few weeks ago but not recently.  Am used to seeing the pilated ones up in a tree! :lol:

rainbow-IMG-1891-med-05162022.jpg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Speaking of birds, these 3 stopped by earlier and were pretty conversational when they arrived (the 3rd one is on the far side of the driveway).

0516221148a_copy_2104x2040_copy_498x482.jpg.b86a3b5964632092ea04c4bd17f1cf73.jpg

That's cool. I go to the park and amazed they come in at 150mph and just land in the pond and just quack like no big deal....what the hell?

11 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Long range looks more below normal then above aside from the few warm weekend days. Same pattern from the winter continues what will it take to snap it?

I was reading some more over at AccuWx. It's an odd summer to forecast from an analog stand point -- third year La Nina, easterly QBO, -IDO -- not a lot of matching analogs. Having said all that, the only season I would feel comfortable forecasting below normal temps is spring. My hunch is we'll flip the switch soon enough and summer of azz will commence.

48 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

I was reading some more over at AccuWx. It's an odd summer to forecast from an analog stand point -- third year La Nina, easterly QBO, -IDO -- not a lot of matching analogs. Having said all that, the only season I would feel comfortable forecasting below normal temps is spring. My hunch is we'll flip the switch soon enough and summer of azz will commence.

Same La Nina state as this time last year similar Indian and Australia SST's only difference is the cool blue bubble anomaly centered over the northern plains. Last May did deliver the coolest Memorial weekend on record despite the overall base state was warmer. My best guess is an eventual flip in June with a similar warm humid summer as last year.

16 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Saw a lightning bug out here a little while ago. Hotdiggetydog!

A few weeks ago saw a dead lightning bug on an outside window ledge. Way too early to see one. But I can't imagine he (or she) was leftover from last season and just sat there the whole time without being blown away by a gust or someone coming along to snack on him (or her).