Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2022 OBS Thread

6 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Seeing a sizeable break in the clouds wooohoo

Good luck! See some possible thin spots to the west but can't see the moon at the moment. The cloud bank has a SW to NE vector so I'm not optimistic, but still hopeful. The total eclipse lasts a while so we'll see.

27 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Just checked the satellite and it's getting close (the back edge of the clouds)!

Screenshot_20220516-000130_copy_606x662.png.4db715a26fe211f226d93e23af8e5f6e.png

Hopefully you can catch some past totality. Took some time because the clouds were moving parallel to the moon but cleared it a little before midnight it looked bloody good.  

49 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

More like 3:55am waking up my stupid insomia ...skunks smell as well. Cut the lawn, storms brewing.  

62F/slight fog

I heard a robin still going at it at 8:22 pm last night well after the sun had set. :lol:  One just started up here right now at post time (4:52 am).

Made it up to 78 yesterday and of course there was a layer of clouds blurring the moon here.  Have spotted it this morning as it's low in the SW sky starting to set but with some scattered clouds in that direction (and still have the high cloud deck still in the NE).

Currently partly cloudy and 63 with dp 63.

SPC SWDY1 holding with the Enhanced Risk for the entire CWA (except coastal NJ, which is under a Slight Risk).

10 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Is it just me or did radar look much better early this morning

There's a bunch of pop-ups and my lightning detector picked up a couple hits just before noon.

The sun has not made an appearance until briefly just after noon here today and that had kept the temps in the upper 60s until the sun popped out and shot the temp up to where it is now at 76, with dp 70 (and you can feel it :yikes:).  Have had some non-measurable drizzle about an hour ago enough to wet the walk and add the soup to the air.

lightning-05162022.PNG

Norman, OK up with the Severe Thunderstorm Watch -

Severe Thunderstorm Watch

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WS 229
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
135 PM EDT MON MAY 16 2022

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH 229 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 800 PM EDT
FOR THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS

PAC011-017-025-029-045-077-089-091-095-101-170000-
/O.NEW.KWNS.SV.A.0229.220516T1735Z-220517T0000Z/

PA
.    PENNSYLVANIA COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

BERKS                BUCKS               CARBON
CHESTER              DELAWARE            LEHIGH
MONROE               MONTGOMERY          NORTHAMPTON
PHILADELPHIA
$$

FS5YNx_VsAMc__z.jpg

Getting the infamous "self-destruct sunshine" that destabilizes things, generates the clouds, produces the little pop up showers, drops the temp some and stabilizes the air. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

So far I've gotten up to 77 for a high, but with sun gone again, and 0.01" of rain (so far), temp dropped down to 72.  Have crept up to 73 at post time.  The dp of 69 is rough though!

7 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Nice shower here, winds/cool weather definitely picked up. What does family member/weatherbell think? I'm worried my damn shingles...

ds.jpg

Sure looks like most of the action will miss us to the north. There is activity forming in the middle of the state that could be a round two guidance wasn't seeing.