• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2022 OBS Thread

8 hours ago, ChescoWx said:

Coldest start to the year in the USA since 2014....is the colder phase starting earlier than we think?

Look at the planet before you say that, North America has been in a little cold blue bubble since January while the majority of the northern hemisphere is in the red. Oh and the other side of the world centered on India crushed it for record heat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Don't forget the ongoing drought conditions

Only in the western US we can't seem to get a break for a good old fashioned brown lawn drought. 

This little blue bubble chill we have close by sucks I would love me some global warming in spring. Thinking about getting another V8 to see if I can get the CO2 up a notch or two.

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

Only in the western US we can't seem to get a break for a good old fashioned brown lawn drought. 

This little blue bubble chill we have close by sucks I would love me some global warming in spring. Thinking about getting another V8 to see if I can get the CO2 up a notch or two.

The drought out west is causing human remains to surface due to low water levels at Lake Mead. Fabulous viewing I'm sure for vacationing family and friends.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2022/05/08/lake-mead-human-remains-discovery-drought/9698550002/

No way, the blue bubble chill is a magical gift from the weather gods which we should cherish...

50F

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

The drought out west is causing human remains to surface due to low water levels at Lake Mead. Fabulous viewing I'm sure for vacationing family and friends.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2022/05/08/lake-mead-human-remains-discovery-drought/9698550002/

No way, the blue bubble chill is a magical gift from the weather gods which we should cherish...

50F

The Vegas mob needs to find a new spot to dump the bodies.

46F in the blue bubble this morning.

21 hours ago, Phil Connors said:

about a month (or more) behind full leaf out. Where's the global warming i mean climate change? Throw out the urban heat effect and there is no cause for alarm with the climate, unless you ask the greenies.

Do  you understand the difference between global vs local?

On 5/8/2022 at 5:01 PM, Phil Connors said:

about a month (or more) behind full leaf out. Where's the global warming i mean climate change? Throw out the urban heat effect and there is no cause for alarm with the climate, unless you ask the greenies.

UHI contamination remains a real problem and will only get worse as detailed below for some rural suburban sites vs. the PHL Airport...but at least we will continue to see our local weather folks continue to show plenty more 90+ days and heat waves for Philly at the official PHL station then we have ever seen before! As we are seeing a trend to less 90+ days outside of the UHI.....but of course non-stop increases at PHL

image.png.82787bf02d18d9a0e56cd9e57f4b840e.png

May 10 has been my arbitrary benchmark for full leaf-out since forever. It seems we are at least 1-2 weeks behind this year as compared to my totally unscientific, non-peer-reviewed [lack of] research.

Ice age coming?

JK. And I've totally enjoyed this anomalously cool spring.

Ended up hitting 73 yesterday with low humidity after a low of 50.  So far have had a low of 50 again this morning and it's currently sunny and 51 with dp 28.

I do recall some Mays like this in the past and if anything, all the antecedent rain that we have had will probably put a nail in the coffin for the possibility of any triple digit temps this summer (not that we won't get hot but the "dry begets dry begets greater heat when dry" thing is a general foregone conclusion here and we seemed to have more than made up up the precip deficit from winter/early spring.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

May 10 has been my arbitrary benchmark for full leaf-out since forever. It seems we are at least 1-2 weeks behind this year as compared to my totally unscientific, non-peer-reviewed [lack of] research.

Ice age coming?

JK. And I've totally enjoyed this anomalously cool spring.

Agreed. Never-ending high heat & humidity will be here soon enough, no need to rush it.

Bottomed out at 48F this morning, already up to 58F.

• Weenie 1