• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2022 OBS Thread

6 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Accu weather at noon going w/below normal May 5-11...

51F

aw.jpg

Typical warminsta's being conservative with cold...more like much below normal from what I see. Might sneak in a rather warm May 5th however that helps skew a chilly period.

19 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Typical warminsta's being conservative with cold...more like much below normal from what I see. Might sneak in a rather warm May 5th however that helps skew a chilly period.

I just want to make it to June (or further) w/o any humid blowtorch streaks. From there it's bound to happen because summer never fails w/the heat/humidity. The years where we start baking in April/early May are horrible because it seems like Summer is endless...

52F 

2 hours ago, CoolHandMike said:

My wind speed seems remarkably consistent today:

VUvXy8L.png

I know we're geographically distant, but I'd be interested to see what you're recording, @Hurricane Agnes.

Suffice it to say, I was all over the map today with the winds! :lmao:

I made it up to 62 today and it's still mostly sunny, breezy and 61, with a dp down into the teens at 16, so some arid 17% humidity.

temp-dewpoint-610pm-04292022.PNG

winds-610pm-04292022.PNG

• Like 1

Still no freezes since April 20th here in the higher spots of Chester County. However, we will finish April with yet another below normal temperature day. Today will be the 10th such day in the last 14. The record high for today is the 90 degrees from 1942. Our record low was the 26 degrees set today back in 1978. Record rainfall is 1.28" from 1980.
image.png.828845e99fe7bd504d9c7d2e25c150ce.png

April ended as the 48th coldest in 129 years of local Chester County PA climate data with an average temperature of just 49.8 degrees (1.5 degree below normal). The highest temperature was 80.6 on the 14th and the lowest was the 30.0 degree reading on the 18th. We recorded 2 sub freezing low temps on both the 18th and the last time on the 20th. For the season we have recorded 95 days with sub freezing temps. Normal is 115 days. There was no snow recorded in April - our average April snow total is 1.0" - this was our 4th consecutive April without any measurable snowfall. We ended the 2021-22 winter season with only 20.5" of snow - which is 15.7" below our normal seasonal snowfall of 36.2" across Chester County. Rainfall for the month was 5.93" (+1.91" above normal). Year to date rainfall stands at 15.79" which is 0.36" above normal.

image.png.ec837a09dbb057cc93003e6af985a7b1.png

Last day of April had a low of 42 and high of 67.  The month of April ended with 7.33" of rain IMBY. :o    But now with the recent low humidity and gusty winds the past couple days, although the ground is nice and watered, the poor foliage is wanting for some moisture (but a little bit is coming).

Had a low of 40 this morning and made it up to 72 for a high as the clouds rolled in.  Currently mostly cloudy and 70 with dp 43 and a wide band of rain headed this way.