• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2022 OBS Thread

55 minutes ago, stemwinder said:

Yesterday, just after 4 PM, I was bombarded by an intense hailstorm.  I was driving north from Princeton NJ, on Route 27.  Noisy banging on my windshield, at least pea sized hail.  Some lightning, but did not hear thunder.  

I know NBC10 reports (via KYW) were mentioning the increased hail reports over in Jersey as soon as the line moved over the river. My Wyndmoor Montco sis reported hail but my Upper Darby Delco one said she didn't have any on her street - just rain (she's about 7 miles S/W of me).

We're not even really in the depth of severe season here yet either although there was that EF1 tornado in Bucks County - the new Kansas. :googly:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, RedSky said:

And another forecast sunny day mostly overcast. Bonus it was the only day this week that was going to be sunny. This eastern troughing sucks.

It's actually been mostly sunny here all day until now when it is starting to cloud up from the west, with some benign cumulus to the east.

Ended up with a low of 37 this morning and it's currently mostly cloudy with breaks of sun and 52 with a dp of 34.

7 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I know NBC10 reports (via KYW) were mentioning the increased hail reports over in Jersey as soon as the line moved over the river. My Wyndmoor Montco sis reported hail but my Upper Darby Delco one said she didn't have any on her street - just rain (she's about 7 miles S/W of me).

We're not even really in the depth of severe season here yet either although there was that EF1 tornado in Bucks County - the new Kansas. :googly:

Thanks, Agnes!  It was quite intense, and lasted for more than a few minutes.  The hail may have been mixed with something else: graupel perhaps - Was glad to drive out of it into nice plain rain en route to New Brunswick.  

• Weenie 1

15 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Steady rain for hours w/the window slightly open and more rain tomorrow. First lawn cut Friday then the Phils opener at 3:05pm...nice.

46F

623.jpg

Just hit the 1.00" mark here for today so far (with 0.15" for yesterday so 1.15" for the 2 days so far).  It's a chilly 47 with dp 47.

Total storm rainfall through 7am for East Nantmeal Township 0.96" with 0.84" since midnight. Now up to 91% of normal year to date rainfall through today 11.08" (12.16") 

Record high today is 86 degrees back in 1942 - record low is 15 degrees from 1982. It also snowed 3.4" on this date in 1982.

image.png.a9f6726d112fe361fbc92fc9968a1c44.png

15 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

Total storm rainfall through 7am for East Nantmeal Township 0.96" with 0.84" since midnight. Now up to 91% of normal year to date rainfall through today 11.08" (12.16") 

Record high today is 86 degrees back in 1942 - record low is 15 degrees from 1982. It also snowed 3.4" on this date in 1982.

image.png.a9f6726d112fe361fbc92fc9968a1c44.png

Add tomorrow and we'll be pretty close to normal (within .5"?)

46F/Breezy/Steady light-mod rain... 

728.jpg

• Like 1

Lehigh Valley will take and is grateful.  Three  inches of rain in a week here in macungie and I am happy. two inches since last week and another inch last night. I am ready to say the end to the drought potential.  With the air temps that are not above normal and the the soil temps that are way below normal, I do not expect leaf out until the end of April/early May.  With this late leaf out is actually good as the the soil profile will remain moist and groundwater will be recharged until then the leaves uptake the ground moisture. If PWATs exceed 1.5 to 2 inches from next week storms, expect flooding to occur.

• Weenie 1