• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2022 OBS Thread

9 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

46F here. I'll tell ya a March 46F/sun compared to a Jan 46F/sun is night and day. I could easily go outside now w/just a flannel in the sun and be just fine. The rays are kickin. Wouldn't work that way Jan, would need a jacket.

House heater has been off since Sat night and still off (inside temp 62 w/the sun blazing through the windows) Should give me a break on my PECO monthly bill which I'll give back by filling up my gas tank...  

I was out earlier today with a t-shirt and a hoodie jacket (sortof a medium weight one with some lining but not like a heavily-lined sweatshirt type of lining).  Was just fine and that is with the breeze too.

42f/Dp21 it would be nice to see white on the trees and grass again. Yup n a another note, The snowblower jinx is off the table for me I never touched it this year it’s in the same spot in shed where I parked it last winter Lol. Maybe next winter I’ll get it all ready in October ya know try something new. 

13 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

I've seen/read a lot of weenie things but never heard of this. Probably because I've never used some sort of snow board but I'm sure it's happened...nothing phases me when it comes to weenies.

38F

Never heard of it either, I just made it up, lol. But like you said, I wouldn't rule it out.  At the same time I've googled a few things over the years expecting some hits, and come up empty. This could be another one.

36 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

I've seen/read a lot of weenie things but never heard of this. Probably because I've never used some sort of snow board but I'm sure it's happened...nothing phases me when it comes to weenies.

38F

Here you go, this is the closest I could find - Nicerink. Looks like it starts at 26k. Your own backyard skating rink! 

Screenshot_20220308-203349_copy_1143x872_copy_456x349.png.e50337bb8c0b3c8d83d0f0cc33c263ce.png

Screenshot_20220308-203626_copy_1161x732_copy_456x287.png.f444d75283fd411d29648c3bc8dcfe0d.png

54 minutes ago, Rockem_sockem_connection said:

None I don't think for this area just wondering if it could happen. One last chance at this. 

Yes, it could happen. There’s supposed to be cold air available with the right track. Odds aren’t high, but could be a last chance.

1 hour ago, KamuSnow said:

Here you go, this is the closest I could find - Nicerink. Looks like it starts at 26k. Your own backyard skating rink! 

Screenshot_20220308-203349_copy_1143x872_copy_456x349.png.e50337bb8c0b3c8d83d0f0cc33c263ce.png

Screenshot_20220308-203626_copy_1161x732_copy_456x287.png.f444d75283fd411d29648c3bc8dcfe0d.png

One of the local news channels had a story about a house who sets up a small outdoor backyard rink like this during the holidays/cold weather. Not sure if it was this model but I have seen this...

36F

4 hours ago, RedSky said:

Guidance is too warm it's 32F already. Big fluffy snow coming.

It's 40, with dp 32 here IMBY (just before 5 am) so there is definitely a temp gradient.  I am assuming the precip is rising up from the south (based on radar and the way the models depicted it) with the cold air pushing down from the north (based on the temps where you are).

How far that cold air sinks will be key.