Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2022

George BM

3 hours ago, H2O said:

I dunno. I get told plenty by a couple friends that post here that anything pre 1975 is the same as 1675. 

sounds like playing intellivision growing up is the cut off, which means i made the cut.  only by a few years, though.

5 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Hey @vastateofmind!  An early happy birthday to you...fellow March 25 birthday!!  I'll be out of town this weekend, going up to Ohio tomorrow to visit for the weekend (and celebrate), so wanted to send wishes today.  I'll be turning 29, not saying how many times I have though!  Perhaps as old as @H2O or older than dirt!! :lol:

Happy birthday fellas!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Stormfly said:

Magnavox Odyssey was our first family console.

Oh, MAN, did you dredge up some memories! I had the later generation of this, the Odyssey2, when I was a teenager. It wasn't Atari or Intellivision, but it held its own!

But almost every weekend now, I treat myself to my favorite game ever -- SSX Tricky. My sons even bought me a beat-up, used PlayStation 2 and an old copy of SSX Tricky, so I can relive the "old" days (SSX came out in the early 2000s  :)). Of course, the physics in SSX are completely goofy and impossible, but damn, is it fun doing those uber-tricks.  :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vastateofmind said:

Oh, MAN, did you dredge up some memories! I had the later generation of this, the Odyssey2, when I was a teenager. It wasn't Atari or Intellivision, but it held its own!

But almost every weekend now, I treat myself to my favorite game ever -- SSX Tricky. My sons even bought me a beat-up, used PlayStation 2 and an old copy of SSX Tricky, so I can relive the "old" days (SSX came out in the early 2000s  :)). Of course, the physics in SSX are completely goofy and impossible, but damn, is it fun doing those uber-tricks.  :D 

I remember wasting way too much time playing "Cosmic Disturbance" on a friend's Odyssey 2!

Not to mention space invaders on the 2600.  I used the "two shot cheat" too, where you press the reset button and power button at the same time so your cannon shoots twice with the press of the fire button.  Even so, it was easy enough to "flip" the score counter (>9999) without doing that.  Just got there quicker! ;)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

Atari 2600 Pitfall was the bomb!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I played this all the time for my snow fix.

We semi-mock the simple graphics of these early-gen consoles back in the 1980s....but they were REALLY fun, and I think the simplicity had a lot to do with that. Pick up and play, damn it! Easy to learn and adapt. The PlayStation 2 (for which I still have that copy of the SSX Tricky snowboarding game) was one of the last consoles that was still somewhat easy to pick up and adapt to. Console games have gotten SO damn complicated now...I try to play football, hockey or soccer on the PS5 with one of my adult sons but get routinely routed by them....because I can't keep all of the complicated button-mashing straight.  :(  It may have something to do with my, you know, AGE, too.  ;) 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Cheers:drunk:

Some good gusts atm . Been powder for a while now.  Brenda's pizza off rt 219 has a thermometer . It was ( 25) at 8pm .

Yep, gusts around 30-35 a few times. I’ve got 26 on the weather station for the temp. Snow has been coming down good the last few hours.  Seems like at least 8” should be a good bet at this rate. 

• Like 5

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic