Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2022

George BM

3 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

On now: The Killing Moon - Echo and the Bunnymen (still an all-time great song)

Recently played:  Head Like a Hole - Don't You (forget about me) - Just Like Heaven - How Soon is Now - One Thing Leads to Another

If you have Apple Music I could share my 80s playlist with you. Sounds like you’d enjoy it.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Depends on whether these are actual reports or "reports", lol And didn't Elias just say that they weren't likely to offer long-term deals? (Of course he could've just been saying that)

There is a connection there between Elias and Correa.

But Hard to believe they would be willing to give out that much money, especially with the financial lawsuit with the Nats looming. The Os may be paying the Nats alot of money. 

So while the beginning of my week was quite stressful got some wonderful news after we got back from the Hospital on Wednesday. The older Miss J had been waiting on her last college she applied to. And texts were supposed to go out on Wednesday. 

She texted us while at dance that she got accepted! And she promptly made her decision.

She will be a American University Eagle next year! She likes that she is close to home but not to close. And she loves DC. Just urban enough for her. 

Now to go and find that money tree. Seriously though we are so excited for her. They had over 18k applications this year and their acceptance rate dropped to 32%. And she applied test optional, so she did not submit her SAT score. She will be studying for a BFA in Media Communications. On the technical side. :D

• Like 8

11 hours ago, DanTheMan said:

Might be renouncing my Browns fandom for awhile, guess I’ll pull for the Commanders.. 

Not happy with the Watson deal? Odd how they were considered out of the running to land him. Ofc there is the 'small' matter of the 22 allegations. If he gets suspended, who will start? Maybe it works out, but this seems to be a continuation of questionable decisions by that organization. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CAPE said:

The Deshaun Watson Chase and the ‘Due Diligence’ Myth

The competition for Watson, while he stands accused of sexual misconduct in lawsuits filed by 22 women, shows just how low NFL teams will go.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/03/18/deshaun-watson-trade-due-diligence-myth

Did you see his contract?  The specifically reduced his salary in Year 1 so that he won’t lose as much money during his probable upcoming suspension.  He signed the highest contract ever, before ever playing under his most reason contract extension.

Maybe Baker goes to the Texans and tears it up.  Wouldn’t hate to see it.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, LP08 said:

Did you see his contract?  The specifically reduced his salary in Year 1 so that he won’t lose as much money during his probable upcoming suspension.  He signed the highest contract ever, before ever playing under his most reason contract extension.

Maybe Baker goes to the Texans and tears it up.  Wouldn’t hate to see it.

The Colts would be a good landing spot for him. They do need a QB, and it sounds like that is his preference.

Looks like my Twins are at least giving it a shot this year. Last year was hard thinking first place was a possibility only to finish last. I'd think signing Correa, Gray, and trading for Urshela and Sanchez is a decent attempt. One more experienced starter would be nice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

A teammate of my daughter on Temple's Gymnastics team tore her Achilles tendon today :yikes:

After Temple’s ridiculously good premier in the EAGL Championships where they won last year, I’ve been following the program this whole season. Didn’t watch EAGL’s session 1 today, but I did look at scores and saw Temple did well to break 196 in the first session. 
Congrats on your daughter being a part of a surging program! 

On 3/19/2022 at 6:50 AM, CAPE said:

Not happy with the Watson deal? Odd how they were considered out of the running to land him. Ofc there is the 'small' matter of the 22 allegations. If he gets suspended, who will start? Maybe it works out, but this seems to be a continuation of questionable decisions by that organization. 

Really disappointed in the organization to say the least… Between the allegations and the contract buffering.. Dont know if I can continue to support them. Part of me hopes it backfires spectacularly   

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic