• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2022

George BM

Currently in the ER with the younger Miss J. Bad abdominal and back pains on the right side. Dr. wanted to rule out appendicitis. 

Urine sample was quite reddish brown. I suspect Kidney infection but she will get a CAT scan to rule out a kidney stone. Hope it is not a stone. I have had 3 and they are no picnic. She is currently on some good IV pain meds. :(

• Sad 3

Just now, Mrs.J said:

Currently in the ER with the younger Miss J. Bad abdominal and back pains on the right side. Dr. wanted to rule out appendicitis. 

Urine sample was quite reddish brown. I suspect Kidney infection but she will get a CAT scan to rule out a kidney stone. Hope it is not a stone. I have had 3 and they are no picnic. She is currently on some good IV pain meds. :(

oh my. hope the youngest miss J feels better soon. Hugs momma! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Wow, Senate unanimously passed permanent DST. Goes to the House. Didn’t anyone mention that 2pm euro runs in winter will sssuuuccckkkk???

lol thats is what our congress is voting on these days? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mappy said:

oh my. hope the youngest miss J feels better soon. Hugs momma! 

29 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Hang in there @Mrs.J and family!

Verdict in. Kidney Stone. Poor kid. I have had 3 and they are highly heredity. Fluids being pumped through and Hospital grade drugs. Waiting on other test results but mostly likely will be put on the same medication I was that moves it along. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Verdict in. Kidney Stone. Poor kid. I have had 3 and they are highly heredity. Fluids being pumped through and Hospital grade drugs. Waiting on other test results but mostly likely will be put on the same medication I was that moves it along. 

poor thing! Hope she finds relief soon

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Wow, Senate unanimously passed permanent DST. Goes to the House. Didn’t anyone mention that 2pm euro runs in winter will sssuuuccckkkk???

Parts of the upper midwest won't have sunrise until like 9:30am sucks for them 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Also, it almost never snows here during DST. Which means it will almost never snow here again if this becomes law. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Oh  my, Mrs. J!!  That is horrible and so sorry to hear about your younger Miss J!!  I truly hope she'll be fine and that it is nothing too overly serious.

ETA:  I didn't read farther down to see the results you mentioned.  I hope the surgery goes well to remove the kidney stone!!  Sending you all good thoughts...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mrs.J said:

So found out is a 3mm stone and is being obstructive. She is being admitted for surgery to remove it. 

Hope it goes well.  I’ve had stones but no obstruction before.

46 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Parts of the upper midwest won't have sunrise until like 9:30am sucks for them 

Clicked around and found Williston ND would have a 9:45am sunrise in late Dec.  LOL.  I understand people not liking the clock switch, but it really is hugely helpful the further north you go.  

I’m more afraid we are going to end up with an unwieldy patchwork if locations are allowed to do what they wish.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MN Transplant said:

Hope it goes well.  I’ve had stones but no obstruction before.

Clicked around and found Williston ND would have a 9:45am sunrise in late Dec.  LOL.  I understand people not liking the clock switch, but it really is hugely helpful the further north you go.  

I’m more afraid we are going to end up with an unwieldy patchwork if locations are allowed to do what they wish.

Wow, and I thought it was a pain in the ass when I was at Purdue.  Indiana doesn't do DST  but they are in the eastern time zone which is the same as Ohio (where my home was at the time).  So like part of the year, I'd be an hour behind everyone at home!  But a 9:45AM sunrise in late December for the northern tier of states?  That's just a bit much.

3 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Wait...is this at the Federal level, or state of MD?  I heard MD was considering going DST all year, if several other surrounding states did.

Oh and yeah 2PM Euro would suck.  But even worse, would be having to stay up even later for the 2AM one (00Z cycle)!!!  Hell, by that point we'd be waiting earnestly for the next NAM run LOL!!!

6 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Wait...is this at the Federal level, or state of MD?  I heard MD was considering going DST all year, if several other surrounding states did.

Oh and yeah 2PM Euro would suck.  But even worse, would be having to stay up even later for the 2AM one (00Z cycle)!!!  Hell, by that point we'd be waiting earnestly for the next NAM run LOL!!!

So this is the federal level...unfortunately. Yuck

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Maestrobjwa said:

So this is the federal level...unfortunately. Yuck

Wow, I honestly didn't even know they were considering that at that level.  I wonder if staying on standard time all year would have been better?  Though really, when you look at places farther north (from what @MN Transplant said), I don't think a one or the other solution all the time would work well anyhow (standard or daylight time).

So they can barely pass a budget at the (literal) 11th hour to avoid a government shutdown, but Congress will jump right on DST/EST!!  Gotta love it.  Well, they do say that the opposite of progress is Congress, eh?? LOL!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

So found out is a 3mm stone and is being obstructive. She is being admitted for surgery to remove it. 

Oh no! Hope it all goes smoothly, keep me posted please. Feel free to DM 

hang in there friend. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Wow, I honestly didn't even know they were considering that at that level.  I wonder if staying on standard time all year would have been better?  Though really, when you look at places farther north (from what @MN Transplant said), I don't think a one or the other solution all the time would work well anyhow (standard or daylight time).

So they can barely pass a budget at the (literal) 11th hour to avoid a government shutdown, but Congress will jump right on DST/EST!!  Gotta love it.  Well, they do say that the opposite of progress is Congress, eh?? LOL!!!

That sentiment has been echoed over the Twitter verse...lol I mean seripusoy, of all things...THIS? Booooooo....

15 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

That sentiment has been echoed over the Twitter verse...lol I mean seripusoy, of all things...THIS? Booooooo....

The bigger issue is weenies having to wait till 1130pm for the gfs and 2am for the euro.

How dare congress do that to us. :lol:

The audacity. 

:weenie::weenie::weenie:

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic