Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2022

George BM

2 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

UVA utterly collapsed. What a tease it was when this team beat and then held close with Duke. 

Best of luck to the Hokies, I really don't hate ya'll unless you are playing us. Need more Virginia representation in March Madness this year anyway.

They just truly lacked a go to scorer this year but your recruiting class looks very good next year.  Can’t say I don’t hate y’all though ever since I had batteries thrown at me when I went to a football game in Charlottesville in college.  :wub:

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, LP08 said:

They just truly lacked a go to scorer this year but your recruiting class looks very good next year.  Can’t say I don’t hate y’all though ever since I had batteries thrown at me when I went to a football game in Charlottesville in college.  :wub:

I'm surprised we cared enough about football to throw batteries at you, honestly. 

I am definitely excited about next year, especially since we keep the best pieces from this year... once Reece Beekman learns how to shoot, it's over for the ACC. I'm also cautiously optimistic about our football team and our Heisman-quality QB. If we can get some semblance of an offensive line, our schedule looks pretty easy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

The Euro shows the jackpot of the snow directly over my house, the one weekend this whole winter I will not be there. I will be further north in southern PA at a swim meet, somehow I might get less snow. I think I might lose it if this happens. 

That anger might make me drop a low 22 in 50 free though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LP08 said:

The easiest points in basketball come from two places regardless of the level. 1) offensive rebounds 2) running the floor. UVA is gonna have to improve in those areas/adapt their philosophy. You’re not gonna have a lot of years with players like Jerome/Guy/Hunter to produce points in the half court.

46 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

The easiest points in basketball come from two places regardless of the level. 1) offensive rebounds 2) running the floor. UVA is gonna have to improve in those areas/adapt their philosophy. You’re not gonna have a lot of years with players like Jerome/Guy/Hunter to produce points in the half court.

There were many infuriating parts of last nights game, but our offensive rebounding was terrible. Caffaro (who I have a personal dislike for after sharing classes with, so I'm biased) was largely just a body in the paint. He lacked any aggressiveness and was largely useless defensively as well. Shedrick is so much better but he'll foul out in 10 minutes if he's left in the game. 

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Will Bennett adjust his style?  Seems like he has had so much success playing the pack line and having pros do the scoring.

4 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Put the poster on Ignore or just stop responding to the posts. It's just a sad attempt at getting attention.

I feel like I say this every year multiple times, but people can't stop.

Fair enough and I probably should do that.  But please don't single mine out as the one responding to his posts when several others have as well.  Besides, whether or not people put him (or anyone) on ignore and/or stop quoting his posts has never stopped him from continuing the same regardless.  The onus should really not be on others to "opt out" just to escape his incessant childish remarks, but unfortunately that's about the best one can do.

10 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Fair enough and I probably should do that.  But please don't single mine out as the one responding to his posts when several others have as well.  Besides, whether or not people put him (or anyone) on ignore and/or stop quoting his posts has never stopped him from continuing the same regardless.  The onus should really not be on others to "opt out" just to escape his incessant childish remarks, but unfortunately that's about the best one can do.

I was going to mention that I wasn't picking on you. It was just the latest reply to that poster and I couldn't help but chime in!

• Like 1

Just now, mattie g said:

I was going to mention that I wasn't picking on you. It was just the latest reply to that poster and I couldn't help but chime in!

True, maybe mine at the time you saw it was the latest one.  Sorry if I sounded a bit prickly, but I realized you weren't really trying to point a finger at me.  I still stand by my overall sentiment that one should not have to take action like that just to avoid seeing those kinds of derailing posts...but as I said, probably the best solution even if not ideal.

• Like 1

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

I missed plenty of events for swim/water polo. It always stings but you’ll get over it - I’m sure you won’t abandon your team but I’d definitely advise against it! Feel free to vent to me though, I’ve been there.

Won’t actually go back home but this is so upsetting, an event trends just the right way for my house to be in the jackpot zone, something I have wanted for years. With blizzard conditions possible and out of all the weekends this is the one where I am not home and instead further north which is worse somehow. Not to mention how this meet is typically held nearby! Ugh 

2 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

You don’t have to move back. 

pulling this to banter -- but I do have to move! i've got a government consulting job with a company HQ'd in Arlington -- you can probably narrow it down fairly fast. if remote work was possible, I'd highly consider living somewhere cheaper and snowier for at least a bit, but for now it's probably the typical young professional Arlington lifestyle.

13 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

Won’t actually go back home but this is so upsetting, an event trends just the right way for my house to be in the jackpot zone, something I have wanted for years. With blizzard conditions possible and out of all the weekends this is the one where I am not home and instead further north which is worse somehow. Not to mention how this meet is typically held nearby! Ugh 

I'm assuming this is just Senior Champs? Yeah, weird it's not at GMU. It's an annoying event to miss for sure -- I missed the 2015 squall, something super unique that I might never see again, who knows. It just happens. I missed that 8"er earlier this season too.

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I'm assuming this is just Senior Champs? Yeah, weird it's not at GMU. It's an annoying event to miss for sure -- I missed the 2015 squall, something super unique that I might never see again, who knows. It just happens. I missed that 8"er earlier this season too.

No it’s the Ydistricts meet, typically held at a nearby YMCA but not this time

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

You have a chance to set regional records in a SUPER competitive sport tomorrow...something that dozens of folks your age would kill for. Perspective is key. The weather is fickle, especially in the DMV. There are too many folks to name in this sub who (nearly) allow the balance of their existence/mental state to hinge on whether they verify winter wx advisory criteria for EVERY. SINGLE. WINTER. THREAT. And they're perpetually unhappy, December-March. Don't be that guy. Unless you elect to move to upper NY state and points north in a few years, you WILL feel cheated by winter every effing year for the rest of your life. Seriously...do NOT let the potential threat of blizzard conditions tomorrow in THIS area, mess with your competitive juju in PA.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Driving out to Deep Creek now. On 270, easily the worst highway in the world. Why haven’t they added lanes north of Clarksburg? 

anways hope everyone scores snow tomorrow.  Should be some fun weather at least. 

UGGGGGHHHH. We used to drive to our hometown of Williamsport, PA about once in a quarter throughout the 90s and 2000s, and I-270 was the absolute WORST on every single one of those trips. That slog between Clarksburg and Frederick is absolutely life-shortening.  :( 

On a much brighter note....I'm counting on you all getting a lot more snow in McHenry, so PLZ post some good snowy pics tomorrow/Sunday!  :D 

18 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

You have a chance to set regional records in a SUPER competitive sport tomorrow...something that dozens of folks your age would kill for. Perspective is key. The weather is fickle, especially in the DMV. There are too many folks to name in this sub who (nearly) allow the balance of their existence/mental state to hinge on whether they verify winter wx advisory criteria for EVERY. SINGLE. WINTER. THREAT. And they're perpetually unhappy, December-March. Don't be that guy. Unless you elect to move to upper NY state and points north in a few years, you WILL feel cheated by winter every effing year for the rest of your life. Seriously...do NOT let the potential threat of blizzard conditions tomorrow in THIS area, mess with your competitive juju in PA.

Definitely not setting any records tomorrow but might be able to qualify for nationals in a relay. I don’t typically get super invested by winter weather but this is sort of storm I have wanted and will probably miss it. Then again it has not happened yet so who knows. If it does miss me, however, I am planning to use that anger to swim the best  I ever have.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Driving out to Deep Creek now. On 270, easily the worst highway in the world. Why haven’t they added lanes north of Clarksburg? 

anways hope everyone scores snow tomorrow.  Should be some fun weather at least. 

My brother moved to the Frederick area and that section that goes down to two lanes is awful.  Every trip it is the same slow spots, before the bridge on 495 to get into Maryland and after Clarksburg.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

My brother moved to the Frederick area and that section that goes down to two lanes is awful.  Every trip it is the same slow spots, before the bridge on 495 to get into Maryland and after Clarksburg.

With the median, they might have room to add a lane on each side.  It’s mind boggling on that stretch, I honestly don’t know how people could do that every day.  Even on 70 between 81 and 270, they could stand to add a lane to each side.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, nj2va said:

With the median, they might have room to add a lane on each side.  It’s mind boggling on that stretch, I honestly don’t know how people could do that every day.  Even on 70 between 81 and 270, they could stand to add a lane to each side.  

My wife and kids came up friday evening. Said 70 was super slow between 270 merge and Hagerstown. Saw a bunch of people on the overpasses and trucks headed to Hagerstown. I think whatever is left of the convoy was headed back to base camp and slowed stuff down. The Friday prior we left at the same time and didnt hit any traffic. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic