Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2022

George BM

18 hours ago, nj2va said:

It’s almost time for the annual @CAPE Goldilocks posts about his yard being too dry…then too wet…then too dry. :P

I hope it stays dry for the next month. The water table has just broken the surface in my seasonal wetland- just a couple random shallow puddles. Easier to larvicide if it doesn't get too expansive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

So yesterday I saw some crazy pickle flowers blooming...first ones of the season!

(That's perhaps a bad subtle pun...daffodils --> daffy dills --> crazy pickles!) :D

Dad Joke....I'm stealing it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Rooting for drought in winter :lol:

Thats literally the last thing I'd root for with winter weather still very possible.  Lol....noooo.  That means 0 snow . Rooting for lots of  qpf through April 10th imby . 

Dry isn't drought. Its relative. I don't want 4" of rain in March, and there are considerations other than snow. I had a great January here, so while I wont complain about some wet snow in the next couple weeks, it's not like something I live for. Rooting for big qpf going forward is rooting for rain, even in your yard. It's Spring dude.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

lol some of these Carroll county folks talk like they live in Maine. I lived there for 10 years plus and I remember one or 2 decent snow events in late March, and nothing significant comes to mind for April. Its a decent place for snow locally, but it ain't all that.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

lol some of these Carroll county folks talk like they live in Maine. I lived there for 10 years plus and I remember one or 2 decent snow events in late March, and nothing significant comes to mind for April. Its a decent place for snow locally, but it ain't all that.

oh damn, CAPE throwing the first shot across the bow.  S&E is the new Carroll county this winter anyways! #snowtown

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I guess this was directed at me ? 

1 or 2 lol. I can remember probably 30 or 40+  March snows . Several April snows. 

Why would I think I live in Maine ?

You were talking like you get snow in your yard on the reg into the second week in April. The years I spent up there late March and early April were not at all memorable for winter weather. Ofc you might be the only one here who cares about a random wet snow shower at that point lol. I am sure the GFS will be there to tease you with the possibilities, maybe into May!

15 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

To me True spring weather is deep into April + May . I'm not interested in the spring thread on March 7th:D

March is a winter month imo..

Early to mid March I would agree, at least in recent years. The end of March and into the second week of April.. maybe head to Canaan, or Maine. :P

11 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I guess this was directed at me ? 

1 or 2 lol. I can remember probably 30 or 40+  March snows . Several April snows. 

Why would I think I live in Maine ?

Seriously, 30 or 40+ snows in March and several in April, even up your way in north-central/northeast MD? Suppose it depends upon what one considers an actual snow event. I am a native of northeast Ohio, the climate is far more wintry there in March and even April. I can recall many events through March (average in KCLE is like 10") and in April (average there is like 2-3"). Including lake effect snows. Even considering all the somewhat more minor events in March in the time I lived there and beyond, it probably wasn't 30-40 total. And that's in an area where March can actually be considered a winter month most years. Maybe if one includes white rain and cartoppers but otherwise no. And I remember some big March snows to be sure... as well as in April.

Recently started reading the off topic sub on here. That was a questionable decision, but is everything free game over there? The way some interact with others in there is embarrassing. Trixie and others come off as truly nasty people. Baffling to me why it’s allowed.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Speaking of March, its championship week for the conference tournaments.  And next Thursday/Friday are hands down the two greatest sports days of the year.  I'll be out of the office next Friday afternoon so a few friends/I can just hang out on a local bar and watch the games.  Can't wait!

I'm not feeling great about Purdue in the Big 10 tournament (my alma mater). They had a good season and a 25-6 record but really stumbled at the end of the regular season in the kinds of games they'll need to win. I don't expect them to go far in that tourney but hopefully enough to land a 3-4 seed in the NCAAs. Then of course, who knows! 

10 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Recently started reading the off topic sub on here. That was a questionable decision, but is everything free game over there? The way some interact with others in there is embarrassing. Trixie and others come off as truly nasty people. Baffling to me why it’s allowed.

I never go over there. One of the circles of hell.

• Like 4

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic