Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

1 hour ago, stormtracker said:

On March 29th, I hope the high is 42 degrees and cloudy with mist like rain from a cut off low off of the Va capes.  And it continues for a least 5 days.

yea...i am no rush to get into the heat. I hope its icy through early June

• Haha 1

I would like not to repeat the several weeks of mostly overcast or light rain in May several years ago. I don’t remember the year, but I don’t want it. I don’t need the 80s yet, but I’m good closing the winter tracking until next year’s El Niño. Another sneaky plus of warmer weather is lighter loads in the washer/dryer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 87storms said:

I would like not to repeat the several weeks of mostly overcast or light rain in May several years ago. I don’t remember the year, but I don’t want it. I don’t need the 80s yet, but I’m good closing the winter tracking until next year’s El Niño. Another sneaky plus of warmer weather is lighter loads in the washer/dryer.

And just as we say that, this almost ruined my evening...smh You've gotta be kidding me

4 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Sure as heck hope it's wrong. Because wouldn't La nina conditions persisting into summer pretty much squash chances for a niño? (And I don't wanna think about nina round 3, smh)

Don't know but I bet CAPE is hoping for a 3rd Nina . Ninas have  been good to the eastern shore lately.

11 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Don't know but I bet CAPE is hoping for a 3rd Nina . Ninas have  been good to the eastern shore lately.

Yeah probably, lol Yes they have for whatever reason...I mean even since the first storm they called "Bomb cyclone" (I'm starting to disdain the term because it now feels overused, lol)...and I think that was the 2017-18 nina...the beach has been where it's at! I wouldn't be surprised if they've got more snow than I-95 that past 6-7 years. Now have ninas before then benefited the shore...or has it been, as you said, just lately?

27 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Sure as heck hope it's wrong. Because wouldn't La nina conditions persisting into summer pretty much squash chances for a niño? (And I don't wanna think about nina round 3, smh)

Nino or nina, we’re due for a blizzard.

Ha...Ya know, we talk about the 70s and the lack of snow...look at this:

Screenshot_20220314-214353_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c5955d8f603488ca6d44791f06fb99fc.jpg

1,2,3,4, FIVE Ninas in the 70s...lol Sweet mercy! And in after the first two back-to-back ninas, ya get a break...except it's the big Super Niño of 1972-73 that completely overwhelmed everything and produced almost nothing. So that's 6 winters of the 70s right there! Would explain a lot...lol

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Yeah probably, lol Yes they have for whatever reason...I mean even since the first storm they called "Bomb cyclone" (I'm starting to disdain the term because it now feels overused, lol)...and I think that was the 2017-18 nina...the beach has been where it's at! I wouldn't be surprised if they've got more snow than I-95 that past 6-7 years. Now have ninas before then benefited the shore...or has it been, as you said, just lately?

2016-17 was pretty good too. Also had the big beach snowstorm in early Jan. I was in Rehoboth back to back Januarys for both of those storms.

Eastern parts of the MA can get in on late developing/ Miller B events, which are common in Ninas. The storm no one wants to mention in December 2010 was good for much of Delaware, especially to the east. Even had 5" here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

2016-17 was pretty good too. Also had the big beach snowstorm in early Jan. I was in Rehoboth back to back Januarys for both of those storms.

Eastern parts of the MA can get in on late developing/ Miller B events, which are common in Ninas. The storm no one wants to mention in December 2010 was good for much of Delaware, especially to the east. Even had 5" here.

I like you.  That’s why it will pain me when i have to ban you for mentioning that storm 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I don’t know why everyone here laments that storm. Except for one batch of model runs, we were never in the game for that.

It was precarious as I recall, but everyone was sort of spoiled from the previous winter, so believing it would happen was easy. Suddenly we were on a heater where big snow events seemingly materialized with ease lol.

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I don’t know why everyone here laments that storm. Except for one batch of model runs, we were never in the game for that.

I think one reason is the way it hit NC (we got ~13" in Wilson NC which is like 3 years' average in one storm), NJ, NY and New England, but managed stiff the heart of this forum.

image.png.8c1d81a2ff97fe2bfb2736087cba7c83.png

• Like 1