• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

you guys should have some chances towards mid-month if the ensembles have a clue. -EPO is going to promote cross polar flow for the foreseeable future. the cold gets dumped into the W US first, but it should seep its way over. SE Canada will be frigid, though, which is super important. also some hints of Greenland blocking showing up, which would reinforce cold air in SE Canada and shove the TPV a bit south

looks like an overrunning pattern, and there is a shot that you guys could end up on the cold side of the gradient if there's a stronger cold push

gfs-ensemble-all-avg-nhemi-z500_anom-1645812000-1646568000-1647194400-20-1.thumb.gif.e9df555b42e063d48237e0e5b3824004.gifgfs-ensemble-all-avg-nhemi-t850_anom_stream-1645812000-1646654400-1647194400-20-1.thumb.gif.39a97d4cab385c793ea0a302d858166e.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

• WxUSAF pinned this topic

March 1980.

March 01, 1980 we got 6" snow.

March 08, 1980 it was in upper 70s and we had severe thunderstorms at dinner time.

That was how March should be.

And March 28-29, 1984.  Robert Irsay took the Colts to Indianapolis that morning too.

Superstorm '93 pummeled us hard here.  Lowest all time barometer (966) and over 16" snow before the sleet bomb which was disappointing.  Would have easily been in top 5 snow events if it stayed all snow. 

Most recently would be the March 02, 2018 wind event.  Probably the most legit non tropical non thunderstorm widespread wind event in recent memory in this area.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Stormfly said:

March 1980.

March 08, 1980 it was in upper 70s and we had severe thunderstorms at dinner time.

And March 28-29, 1984.  Robert Irsay took the Colts to Indianapolis that morning too.

Superstorm '93 pummeled us hard here.  Lowest all time barometer (966) and over 16" snow before the sleet bomb which was disappointing.  Would have easily been in top 5 snow events if it stayed all snow. 

Most recently would be the March 02, 2018 wind event.  Probably the most legit non tropical non thunderstorm widespread wind event in recent memory in this area.

March 1984 super clipper. About 3 weeks before the Colts left.

3 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

How much fell? (Admittedly not familiar with the "super clipper" term, lol)

It was an explosive clipper that put down anywhere between 3 and 9 inches depending on location. I got 6-7 living 1 mile north of the Beltway exit 20 Pikesville/Owings Mills. Most of it fell in a 3-4 hour period during the evening rush.  Thunder and Lightning with 2 and 3 inch an hour rates during the height of the storm. I think areas just to our northeast got 10 inches with some 1 foot reports. Kinda of a smaller version of Jan. 2011.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stormfly said:

March 1980.

March is how you stroll through deep snow.

5 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

It was an explosive clipper that put down anywhere between 3 and 9 inches depending on location. I got 6-7 living 1 mile north of the Beltway exit 20 Pikesville/Owings Mills. Most of it fell in a 3-4 hour period during the evening rush.  Thunder and Lightning with 2 and 3 inch an hour rates during the height of the storm. I think areas just to our northeast got 10 inches with some 1 foot reports. Kinda of a smaller version of Jan. 2011.

Wow that's pretty incredible for a clipper! (What are those again? Lol Forgot they existed!)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

We also recorded some bitter cold temps too!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IceCAPS said:

Hey Ji! When is this projected to occur? I'm not catching that detail and am curious. Every trackable system through March, in my book! Hell, early April if we've got some cold lingering around .

Only one year recently did April snow in my yard...2014--where we went on basically a two-month heater from Feb on!!