• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2022

wdrag

The last 4 days of March are averaging  37degs.(29/44) or -9.

Month to date is  46.4[+4.2].        March should end at  45.2[+2.5].

Reached 47 here yesterday.

Today: 32-35{record is 34}, wind nw. and breezy, some clouds later, flurries?    Low 20's again tomorrow AM---then calm Wednesday AM before wind goes sw. and breezy.    T goes to the 60's fast.

23*(42%RH) here at 7am.       30* at Noon.        32* at 2pm.        Back down to 28* and snow showers at 3pm.

This is the coldest Arctic outbreak following 4 days reaching 70° at Newark by March 27th. The previous record was a low of 26° set  in 2016. Newark dropped to 23° this morning for the first time following such a warm start to spring through the 27th. 

Time Series Summary for NEWARK LIBERTY INTL AP, NJ
Click column heading to sort ascending, click again to sort descending.
Rank
Ending Date
Number of Days Max Temperature >= 70 Jan 1 to Mar 27
Lowest Temperature after Mar 27
1 2012-03-27 8 38
2 1946-03-27 6 32
- 1945-03-27 6 33
3 2020-03-27 5 32
4 2022-03-27 4 23
- 2016-03-27 4 26
- 1990-03-27 4 28
- 1987-03-27 4 31
  • Thanks 1

NWS issuing special weather statements for snowsqualls moving through Ithaca-Binghamton area this morning, highlighting wind gusts >30mph, reduced visibility <.25mile, and potential for a quick inch of snow for areas affected. This same band is reflected in high-res models to move through the metro area this afternoon-evening with some impacts - will be interesting tracking along. Given the subfreezing temperatures this may adversely affect this afternoons commute along with other diurnal activity developing in this anomalous arctic airmass.

OKX doesn't seem as enthused with snow squalls this afternoon, citing dry low-levels, but these streamers have begat some surprises eg. CT/E LI last night with accumulating snow, where special weather statements remain as of this morning. 

RadarOmega_screenshot_2022_03_28_13_38_46.png

27 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

The magnolia flowers on my neighbor's tree had just come out and now they're completely ruined. Looks terrible with the brown flowers. Just horrible to get this type of arctic blast this late in the season. Feels terrible out there.

Yep. It’s gruesome on my campus. I can take loosing the early season flowers, but some mid spring stuff was starting to pop that may be ruined too. 

I drove home from Vermont yesterday evening through some incredible snow squalls. Some areas had an inch or two then a few miles then nothing, this went on for 100 miles from Albany to just north of 84.

I would love to see at least a dusting out of this Arctic mess 

45 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

The magnolia flowers on my neighbor's tree had just come out and now they're completely ruined. Looks terrible with the brown flowers. Just horrible to get this type of arctic blast this late in the season. Feels terrible out there.

And there's more cold to come too. 

1 hour ago, winterwx21 said:

They haven't come out here-I'm hoping they are ok but who knows with night temps near 20 last night and tonight