Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2022

wdrag

22 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

This summer could be a brutal one rivaling the early 2010s imo. 

Nina sticking around + record SSTs offshore

Yep. Unfortunately, the ingredients are there for a very brutal hot and humid summer again…..La Niña, -PDO, record warm SSTs along and off the east coast positively feeding back into the SE ridge/WAR. May through September could be ugly…

• Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Yep. Unfortunately, the ingredients are there for a very brutal hot and humid summer again…..La Niña, -PDO, record warm SSTs along and off the east coast positively feeding back into the SE ridge/WAR. May through September could be ugly…

That will fuel more severe weather and flooding as well as additional tropical threats. 

I think the "dry summer" regime is dead for good. 

1 hour ago, psv88 said:

Brutal type of day to live on the south shore of the island...everyone in the 70s and south shore stuck in the 40s. Terrible.

Thankfully I sit on LI’s equator. Temp up to 60 here now. I hope that mess stays relegated to the immediate south shore.

23 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

That will fuel more severe weather and flooding as well as additional tropical threats. 

Very interesting and relevant discussion in the CC forum about this.

https://www.americanwx.com/bb/topic/57025-drivers-of-exceptional-coastal-warming-in-the-northeastern-united-states/

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Cfa said:

Thankfully I sit on LI’s equator. Temp up to 60 here now. I hope that mess stays relegated to the immediate south shore.

Gorgeous up here today, temp 64. Yep, glad I’m not on the south shore. Many more days like that to come unfortunately as the water temps creep back up. 

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

3 days reaching 70° or warmer used to be a rarity before the start of astronomical spring. 

9CE5EE87-3DF3-4DF4-A707-AB933AFE3071.thumb.jpeg.4522e554649e31672528c76d5408bd55.jpeg

March 45 and 46 were very warm...1942 did not have a min below 33...nothing beats the last five days in March 1998...all 80 or above a week after the only snowfall of the winter...

17 minutes ago, JustWeatherWx said:

I feel like this has an * though, EWR has been running warm from reality for a while, but I get ultimately it is what it is. 

Last summer was the first time in years that Newark lead the area in 90° days.  So it’s all about where the warmest temperatures set up. But one of the stations in the NE NJ urban corridor usually has the most 90° days. 

Data for April 1, 2021 through October 31, 2021
Click column heading to sort ascending, click again to sort descending.
State
Name
Station Type
Number of Days Max Temperature >= 90 
NJ NEWARK LIBERTY INTL AP WBAN 41
NJ HARRISON COOP 38
NJ CALDWELL ESSEX COUNTY AP WBAN 37
NJ CANOE BROOK COOP 32
NY LAGUARDIA AIRPORT WBAN 25

Data for April 1, 2020 through October 31, 2020
State
Name
Station Type
NJ HARRISON COOP 39
NJ CANOE BROOK COOP 37
NJ CALDWELL ESSEX COUNTY AP WBAN 37
NY LAGUARDIA AIRPORT WBAN 34
NJ NEWARK LIBERTY INTL AP WBAN 31

Data for April 1, 2019 through October 31, 2019
State
Name
Station Type
NJ HARRISON COOP 39
NJ TETERBORO AIRPORT WBAN 37
NJ CALDWELL ESSEX COUNTY AP WBAN 36
NJ CANOE BROOK COOP 31
NJ NEWARK LIBERTY INTL AP WBAN 27
NY LAGUARDIA AIRPORT WBAN 26

Data for April 1, 2018 through October 31, 2018
State
Name
Station Type
NJ HARRISON COOP 47
NJ TETERBORO AIRPORT WBAN 46
NJ CANOE BROOK COOP 38
NY LAGUARDIA AIRPORT WBAN 38
NJ NEWARK LIBERTY INTL AP WBAN 36

4 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

The heatwave at the end of June last year was absolutely brutal. It felt like Florida heat and humidity. It was among the worst heatwaves I can ever remember 

2 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

The heatwave at the end of June last year was absolutely brutal. It felt like Florida heat and humidity. It was among the worst heatwaves I can ever remember 

Central AC has become a necessity around here vs the 70's and 80's when it was a handful of hot/humid days.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

2009 was the last cool summer around the area.

0A6610A6-23A0-412E-951A-157CFAF0DEA8.thumb.jpeg.3500a137ab98b7992ebfe9d57e457a37.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cfa said:

2009 was a nightmare, but 2010 more than made up for it.

It kept the beach traffic out of Long Beach that summer. While the residents loved it, the merchants that depended on beach crowds weren’t too happy. But it was nice having the bike lane on the Boardwalk less crowded. 

7 minutes ago, bluewave said:

It kept the beach traffic out of Long Beach that summer. While the residents loved it, the merchants that depended on beach crowds weren’t too happy. But it was nice having the bike lane on the Boardwalk less crowded. 

rained the whole month of June here-was terrible-finally got some summer heat in August but it was short lived-kind of like this winter in reverse (which had some cold in Jan)

26 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Central AC has become a necessity around here vs the 70's and 80's when it was a handful of hot/humid days.  

The disturbing part is that we are seeing heat that used to be reserved only for July and August earlier now….in May and June and also later….extending into September. There is no arguing anymore that our climate has warmed and changed and very significantly so over the last 10 years especially 

• Like 1

Just now, snowman19 said:

The disturbing part is that we are seeing heat that used to be reserved only for July and August earlier now….in May and June and also later….extending into September. There is no arguing anymore that our climate has warmed and changed and very significantly so over the last 10 years especially 

an unmitigated torch especially since the super nino of 15-16

• Like 2