Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2022

wdrag

8 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Any last gasps of winter will probably wait until the second half of the month with Pv split effects (maybe) and mjo cold phases…..

My gut tells me it’s over outside a late spring hilltop snow 

You need help from the NAO and AO next month. PNA is going negative and EPO still looks good. MJO will not be the driver of the pattern being in the COD.

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

Enjoy the cold next month 

There's no sign of cold for the first half of the month, unless you want to consider a couple days (this coming thursday and friday) in the low-mid 40s cold. We warm up to 60 next weekend. This is looking like a mild month unless we have a dramatic turnaround in the 2nd half of the month.

• Like 2

Not buying the 2nd half of March/after mid-month “winter is coming back” hype going around on twitter. Maybe central and northern interior New England pull off something? But the 1st half of March, at least, looks to be cooked here. As far as hoping for some miracle comeback after 3/15…good luck with that. And as far as a mid-month “SSW” some are talking about, what’s being shown is not even a true SSW, if anything it’s a normal final warming event, which happens every spring. Even if there was a mid-March SSWE, what good does that even do? There is a lag and by then it’s the tail end of March/early April….too little too late for producing a snowstorm pattern here. If it results in blocking, it’s chilly rains and dreary chilly spring days when no one wants it anymore

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 3

14 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Not buying the 2nd half of March/after mid-month “winter is coming back” hype going around on twitter. Maybe central and northern interior New England pull off something? But the 1st half of March, at least, looks to be cooked here. As far as hoping for some miracle comeback after 3/15…good luck with that. And as far as a mid-month “SSW” some are talking about, what’s being shown is not even a true SSW, if anything it’s a normal final warming event, which happens every spring. Even if there was a mid-March SSWE, what good does that even do? There is a lag and by then it’s the tail end of March/early April….too little too late for producing a snowstorm pattern here. If it results in blocking, it’s chilly rains and dreary chilly spring days when no one wants it anymore

You don't buy a wintry look? Shocking.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

23 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

We have heard this from you all winter 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

By all means, cheer on warmth once we get to April. For now, anomalous warmth in March only further reinforces our new climate realities and I absolutely cannot find excitement for it. Whether I prefer the cold or not, it’s just sad to me. 

I mean this sincerely even if you’re a warm weather person; enjoy the seasonality while we can still get it here. The way things have been since 2015 is alarming, at least to me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Why are you posting in the NYC forum or even care what goes on in here when you live in the Tug Hill Plateau of upstate NY? 

I don't live in the Tug Hill. I did for a year, but the economy there is very difficult. Since we're totally free to post on any forum on here, I enjoy the NYC forum, as you have some really knowledgeable weather folks on here who don't just discuss storms for only your area. Why do you have "snowman" in your name when you very clearly like to "down" any winter weather possibilities? I agree in that winter in general seems to be lacking lately...but you seem to intentionally try to find any reason possible to advertise warmth and no winter.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1