Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 25th Wintry Mix OBS THREAD

The 4 Seasons

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

NAM was awful beyond 36 hours (I think it had a couple runs punching so much sleet north that it gave Ray like 3-4"), but it was pretty good once we got down to like the final 3 or 4 runs. It was a little too warm in MA but overall it was much better down in CT/RI/SE MA than other guidance.

Yeah some of the areas that the Euro had getting 9-10 inches even last night ended up with like 2-3 with mostly sleet.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

NAM was awful beyond 36 hours (I think it had a couple runs punching so much sleet north that it gave Ray like 3-4"), but it was pretty good once we got down to like the final 3 or 4 runs. It was a little too warm in MA but overall it was much better down in CT/RI/SE MA than other guidance.

Overall i think it did ok, It was there first model to show the warmth and never let it go albeit it may have got to agressive on a few runs.

2 minutes ago, Henry's Weather said:

IDK if you'd consider Cambridge meaningfully north of the pike, but we're having pingers now, I believe (we definitely were an hour ago)

I should probably preface the claim with "meaningful precip".....stuff that's like 10dbz echoes will prob have some pingers in there because its shallow lift. I did have some pingers too with decent echoes for like 30 minutes, but then since then, it's been snow any time the echoes are more than about 15 dbz...when they fall below that, it's a mix of light snizzle/pixie dust/pingers.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Overall i think it did ok, It was there first model to show the warmth and never let it go albeit it may have got to agressive on a few runs.

Honestly, the RGEM was probably the most accurate model down in SNE once inside 36 hours....it had the sleet line straddling the MA/CT border for several hours during the heaviest precip on like 3 different runs which is exactly what happened this morning. NAM was too warm with that battle going on more like between the pike and rt 2.

4 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Yeah getting whacked in southborough.

This is pretty nice actually...surprised how low the vis got. Gotta be moderate at least now. How much did you get so far? I had near 8" but my buddy just north said he only had 7ish.

• Like 1

Just now, tavwtby said:

this crap sucked to clean, hard to get a good measure, but I got 4.5-5" of absolute cement sleet ice garbage, blower wanted nothing to do with it either, can I get one just pure fluff snowstorm this season, jesus

i hear that, thanks for the report. do you have an exact measurement you're going with for Winsted?