Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 25th Wintry Mix OBS THREAD

The 4 Seasons

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I mean, we have seen these produce a foot in our respective areas but all the ingredients need to come together for that.

I was also a little surprised how aggressive the on air Mets were and the NWS. 

In the end the pike region was the winner, no surprise this year though.

no complaints, still a decent storm and the snow has some meat to it.  Still only gets me to about 24” for the year.  

Well, I only saw that I here, not on TV.....but whatever....just end it lol I'm well past complaining. Worse things than a snowy Friday with no work.

• Like 1

K, so... Ayer ( not too far from town center ) just measured 6" on the button.  So, that was a decent eye-ball est...but, I thought that 2 hours ago, so it was probably 5 then.  Anyway, rad has this ending now, for the time being... We may fill this back in N of the Pike later in the afternoon is some of the modeling is correct - particularly down at this end of Rt poopie. 

We did actually ping just a slightly little bit.  Though it was more like crumbly mangled aggregates, not merely sleet accompanying a falling snow.  ... but right here as it is ending.   It's not really distinguishing itself amongst what's fallen.  like 90/10 say... We are probably right at the very vanish boundary of that penetration. 

Fun little system - may be the last the year...  I get it that some will come away sort of 'jilted' in the south - not intending to be insensitive to those IMBY's but... Very early post mortem take on this event is that it's greatest QP limitation was the speed in which it moved.  Snow primarily N of the Pike ... the consensus for meaningful sleet (> 50%) was better handled by a longer-termed modeling consensus, less any individual runs that may have shown more or less  ...Subject to change/open to other insights.

42 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Similar here... I too never really had the quarter-size flakes that Coastal and ORH reported not too far away. Heavy this morning, but never good snowgrowth.

I think you and I were just a hair north of the heaviest bands when those were reported and our best lift was below the DGZ.

As it turns out, some pellets about 45 minutes ago but now all snow and good growth.  5.5”

15 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Borderline moderate snow.  Clawing our way to 10”.  I think we’ll make it.

I told you when you moved there, you'll be surprised how well Westborough does, it just far enough East and North to cash in. Deepest pack I ever saw was in Westborough in 15, I have some great pics hiding somewhere of houses half buried.

6.5 here an hour ago. Was hoping for at least 6. Not a bad storm. Amounts seem pretty uniform for everyone NoP. A general 6-8. Meso clowns did a good job picking up on the cut back snow amounts in the final 12 hours. They were all inflated until then like some said.

Back and forth between sleet and heavy snow. Precip just about over for "round 1".

• Like 1

BOX:

“10 AM Update... It would appear that yet again it was the NAM that best caught on to the evolution of the warm nose with this winter system. Correlation coefficient, mping reports, and a plethora of public reports all together tell us that the snow/sleet line has moved as far north as southern Worcester county in central MA and northern Norfolk county in eastern MA. 12Z NAM guidance is right on track with this so the forecast continues to follow that most closely, lifting the mixed precip line as far north as Route 2 or just south by 11am to noon before colder air enters and switches things back to snow by early to mid afternoon. Forecast is largely on track.”

More than once it has been mentioned here than NAM is very good it picking up on the mid level warmth in these events…