Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 25th Wintry Mix OBS THREAD

The 4 Seasons

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

image.jpeg.44d7cbefa779647274d28e09b84e0260.jpeg

Boys, first off glad to see you’re having fun with the pics.  

But I certainly didn’t buy the clown snow maps either. I figured we’d be good for at least 4” here taking a blend of everything.  Then we’d sleet. We got about 1.50” of snow it seems, and been pelting like crazy on top of that. Another sucky storm here. Just not our year.  Those getting it good enjoy it. At least I got a nice long weekend out of it. 

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

It was more right then wrong, The other models were to cold and had accumulating snow down to NJ.

Yup I’m from northwest jersey and most models had snow accums for me from 3-8 inches . as precip started  I was mostly sleet and zr with some flakes mixed in .  Majority of what fell is sleet and about an inch of sleet so far 

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Boys, first off glad to see you’re having fun with the pics.  

But I certainly didn’t buy the clown snow maps either. I figured we’d be good for at least 4” here taking a blend of everything.  Then we’d sleet. We got about 1.50” of snow it seems, and been pelting like crazy on top of that. Another sucky storm here. Just not our year.  Those getting it good enjoy it. At least I got a nice long weekend out of it. 

We still may get to 3-4” of mostly sleet lol. I know, it doesn’t look the same but it is what it is…we’ll have more chances moving forward. If not, next season is our year…

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's why I kept it 5-8 here. Would love to be wrong though haha. 

I will probably end up similar, I would have needed the precip to go more NNE instead of ENE, Thats why i was hoping the primary stayed amped to get it to go further north before it went ENE, Radar looking better though

Radar2.gif

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We still may get to 3-4” of mostly sleet lol. I know, it doesn’t look the same but it is what it is…we’ll have more chances moving forward. If not, next season is our year…

Ya it’s very covered and white here with all this sleet on top of 1.5” of snow. Roads are completely covered…cold too 22 degrees. 

Ya, hope we can score something over the next couple weeks..sure would be nice. 

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's why I kept it 5-8 here. Would love to be wrong though haha. 

Coastal didn’t you get like 30” in the Blizzard?  

& eyeballing 3" but the beautiful looking Heavy Snow is actually Sleet infused with icy crap.  

The NAM won sadly and shockingly.  Wow.  And what did I say yesterday about “IF I get 3” and it turns to sleet I’m going to using so many CAPS you’re going to all block me.”  

8 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yup. The times nammy is always wrong is when it throws a blizzard to WOR in a miller B phaser. Swfe, it needs to be weighted fairly…even if it’s on its own.  

I learned after the one we had on the 4th, Once it latches on to the warmth and doesn't let it go, You need to pay attention, Otherwise then that when its flip flopping from run to run you can toss it, It held onto the warm layer and when every other model was to cold until they ended up caving in the end to it.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

Coastal didn’t you get like 30” in the Blizzard?  

& eyeballing 3" but the beautiful looking Heavy Snow is actually Sleet infused with icy crap.  

The NAM won sadly and shockingly.  Wow.  And what did I say yesterday about “IF I get 3” and it turns to sleet I’m going to using so many CAPS you’re going to all block me.”  

Wait,  wait...I thought the UK won? This is news to me....I know several posters were gathered in a celebratory circle jerk collectively milking John's prostate while they rejoiced at the prospect of 6"+ to the south coast....or maybe I just have a neurotic agenda.

• Haha 2