• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 24-25th Snowstorm- Observation Thread

Woke up to 3-4" on the ground and a thin layer of ice. Wow, did not expect mix to get this far.

Light freezing drizzle at 23 degrees on my way in. Honestly never saw mixed precipitation with surface temps that low until I moved here.

Changed back to sleet and now snow. We'll see if the back side/lake enhancement can get us close to the expected 6".

• Like 1

Heavy snow tapering off.  I'm working just outside of Albany today, and it looks like about 6" or so.  They had a several hour period of heavy snow, and it's been all snow so far. NAM didn't do a bad job overall, but at least for here, it was a little too aggressive with the warmth.  This has been a quick mover though, so it looks like we'll only realize the lower end of most forecasts.  Even so, this would be their heaviest snowfall in what has been a pathetic season for them.

1 minute ago, wolfie09 said:

Several runs last night including 0z..It had the primary getting into CNY with some mixing for the sizzle..

Screenshot_20220225-103326.png

Nice...I missed the 00Z runs.  Up till then seemed like only some NAM runs was looking that aggressive with the primary and mix/dryslot. I think. 

• Like 1