• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 24-25th Snowstorm- Observation Thread

10 minutes ago, RevWarReenactor said:

Chased this over to Albany. I’d say we got maybe 6 inches but this storm is in a hurry to exit. I think accumulating snow could be done by 8 or 9am. No way we get 8-12 inches. So it’s nice but it underperformed. Figures.

3C44D608-8FF6-431D-BA6C-F136ABC5DE98.jpeg

Can I ask what you drive?  A silver Toyota RAV4 (I think) passed us on I88 yesterday evening with PA tags and a weather station on its roof and “storm chaser” license plate holder.  It was heading toward Albany. 

29 minutes ago, winter_rules said:

Can I ask what you drive?  A silver Toyota RAV4 (I think) passed us on I88 yesterday evening with PA tags and a weather station on its roof and “storm chaser” license plate holder.  It was heading toward Albany. 

That’s really funny! I guess there are more of us out there than I thought.

But not me. I drive a Kia Rio with Delaware tags and no special plates. Unfortunately no weather station. 

I did tell the hotel I was chasing this storm and they looked at me like I was nuts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, CNY_WX said:

Rough measurement looks like between 4.5 and 5 inches here. Currently it looks like a very fine snow falling, it’s not pinging or bouncing like sleet. 

Same here, just measured 0.38" liquid and...4.5" Snowfall. Some light PL/ZR falling now.  Glad I didn't stay up for this bone job.

• Like 2