• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring/Summer 2022 Medium/Long Range Forecast Discussion.

John1122

A line of broken severe storms has moved off the mountains into the valley/Knoxville area with several severe warnings.

Also there is a line of storms back in Illinois advancing southeast. Those probably won’t make it but an interesting flow in the storm directions today.

• Like 1

The +PNA should keep moderate temps in here for a couple weeks. Humidity will ebb and flow, but I think we'll get a few nice days weekend into early next week. The more humid days will promote scattered t-showers though.

Looking ahead into Sept. Leaning toward a return to a drier weather. I think just once or twice in the 2000s La Nina has been mild in Sept. Otherwise, go with summer dragging out (even after a moderate August) per recent years. Might put that us under a SER, another frequent visitor recent Septembers. 

Forecast does not consider tropical entanglements. Eventually the Atlantic will wake up in late August like every year.

• Like 1

The +PNA should keep moderate temps in here for a couple weeks. Humidity will ebb and flow, but I think we'll get a few nice days weekend into early next week. The more humid days will promote scattered t-showers though.

Looking ahead into Sept. Leaning toward a return to a drier weather. I think just once or twice in the 2000s La Nina has been mild in Sept. Otherwise, go with summer dragging out (even after a moderate August) per recent years. Might put that us under a SER, another frequent visitor recent Septembers. 
Forecast does not consider tropical entanglements. Eventually the Atlantic will wake up in late August like every year.

I’ll take 80ish high temps with mid 50 lows in September. I’ve been to many games at Neyland in September where it’s 90 up until 8pm. I was lucky enough that my season tickets were xx4 row 1 and that put us in the shade after 3pm.

• Like 2

Gotta choose seats wisely. So I'm not the only one? I always consider sun angle when I look at the seating chart for any outdoor sport.
At the risk of jinxing it, shhh, glimmers of hope are showing up for a not hot Sept. Fingers crossed!

We were lucky on the seats, sorta. My wife works at UTMC and we get out tickets from a Dr friend of hers. The seats are in the NW corner of the end zone. Even though they are upper deck, they are the first row of the upper deck. I’ve been to hundreds of games and I wouldn’t trade those for any seat in the building. We also pay face value for the tickets so no fees or donations added.
  • Like 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic