• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2022 General Discussion

SchaumburgStormer

Light drizzle this morning. The end is nigh for our snowpack locally I’m afraid. Rains and high dews later today should do most of it in but we’ll see what the yard looks like tomorrow after the backend duster.

We’ve had snow otg for 70 consecutive days, it would have been 91 days if not for the 2 day melt just before Xmas. All good things must come to an end.

CEDDEE89-2512-4064-A439-A532CE9550A2.jpeg

First wave of snow/frz rn went through earlier this morning staying mainly to my south, and east. Looks like weatherbo has been seeing that stuff this morning.

Looking at radar loop, precip that was frz rn over land quickly turns to all snow over the Lake. Colder air over the icy waters of Lake Superior.

3 hours ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

Light drizzle this morning. The end is nigh for our snowpack locally I’m afraid. Rains and high dews later today should do most of it in but we’ll see what the yard looks like tomorrow after the backend duster.

We’ve had snow otg for 70 consecutive days, it would have been 91 days if not for the 2 day melt just before Xmas. All good things must come to an end.

CEDDEE89-2512-4064-A439-A532CE9550A2.jpeg

Even if it disappears, probably be back to some degree with the roller coaster pattern this month. 

1 hour ago, hawkeye_wx said:

I'm currently getting my second thunderstorm of the day.  This time, the heavier cells faded southeast as they approached.  I'm getting some thunder, but only light rain.

Nice.  Haven't had a drop yet here, but the tradeoff is it's warmed up nicely with the sun mixed in.  Up to 68 now, MLI prob at 70 by now.

Not expecting a whole lot of QPF this evening since the precip will be hauling pretty quickly, but hopefully can squeeze out some thunder and a good downpour.

1 minute ago, cyclone77 said:

Nice.  Haven't had a drop yet here, but the tradeoff is it's warmed up nicely with the sun mixed in.  Up to 68 now, MLI prob at 70 by now.

Not expecting a whole lot of QPF this evening since the precip will be hauling pretty quickly, but hopefully can squeeze out some thunder and a good downpour.

The rain is holding us down in the mid to upper 50s so far.  Low 60s is probably the best we'll do this afternoon.  The first shot of spring humidity is nice.

• Like 1

180 miles on the sleds today. Freezing rain has been plentiful but mostly not a challenge, just a bit unusual to have ice on gear and the machines. Most of the trails were great.

Freezing rain continues and starting to look wild outside here in Munising.

We met someone who had been driving through it from Duluth with some pretty impressive accretion on the car!713d19db80b8503b189a06ade604d29f.jpg3de5300197a1200a62f1f906ec43ee46.jpgf68d21eb2116b57ded3580993bb06750.jpg

• Like 2

Wow Minneapolis has been placed under a Winter Storm Warning for a glaze of ice and 2” of snow. Haven’t seen that one before.

Low track is going well SE of guidance. Kept us in the “cold” sector all day. Forecast high was 44 we haven’t made it above 35 and should see slowly falling temperatures moving forward.