Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly

40/70 Benchmark

13 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Fresh air man. I love it. Not going to drop the place to 50F, but I will enjoy a bit of fresh air cracked inside after a winter of stale household air.  Clean it out when you get the chance.

Same here.  March 18 was sunny and 61 here, and we had windows open on the sunny side for much of the afternoon.  Our thermostat is set at 62 but the woodstove keeps things warmer, though we got down to 63 by sunrise on one of January's coldest mornings.  Furnace runs mostly for domestic hot water.

Reading others' cost for window replacement makes me feel quite fortunate.   Six+ years ago (Nov. 2015) we paid about $4,500 to replace 8 separate double-hungs plus 2 more with the picture window assembly, and one casement over the kitchen sink.  Nice Andersen products, wood frames to fit our cabin.  Also got a new storm door in that 4.5k.

• Like 1

Pretty awful forecast for the month of March, as I completely misdiagnosed the state of the late winter stratosphere when I formulated my seasonal forecast this past fall. I will get into what exactly went wrong when I recap the season next month. However, the seasonal (December through March) call in the aggregate was not bad.
March ended up 1-3 degrees above average, instead of below, as forecast back in November.

March Temps.png

March Temps.gif

• Confused 1