Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

I am ready for real Spring, but reality says half the days will end up crappy until June....Monday is really just ridiculous, it would be different if it were snowing.

My pool needs a new liner, which won't happen until early June, so I am fully expecting 90s most of May and a crappy June

I’m ready too.  And yes, Monday will blow chow.  If we had a chance at some wintry weather with that cold, I agree it would be different. But we don’t, and who needs/wants that crap now..nobody. 

And yes, most of the weather between now and mid June will be lousy.  We’ll have our nice days, and some warmth/heat will make appearances, but a good chunk of it will not be to good…like today is right now. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

My cousins had a pool with a solar cover when i was growing up....the few times it was even open around Memorial day or the first week in June, it felt like diving into Glacier Bay Alaska even if it was 85-90 outside. Pool season is two months here unless you have a heater or get lucky enough to avoid nights in the 40s in the first couple weeks of September.

Absolutely agree, and Completely accurate post. 

A lot of posts validating why I hate spring.   Roll to Father’s Day.  By then it’s more reliably nice.   I have refused to go to a night game here before 6/15.   The one time I broke down was 2014 when a Boston/Oakland game in late April was played  with me in full winter gear with temperatures in the mid 30s and misery mist.

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I’m ready too.  And yes, Monday will blow chow.  If we had a chance at some wintry weather with that cold, I agree it would be different. But we don’t, and who needs/wants that crap now..nobody. 

And yes, most of the weather between now and mid June will be lousy.  We’ll have our nice days, and some warmth/heat will make appearances, but a good chunk of it will not be to good…like today is right now. 

You should change your name to Whinywolf, you've been complaining about the weather for two months straight.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yup. I r never understood these folks that try to make it seem like we have no summer. If you look at it.. summer is the longest season we have. The cold season is much shorter 

Maybe there.  Here winter is longest though summer is catching up. 
The warm season may seem longer because the temp peak is a plateau, nearly constant here from about 7/10 thru 8/9.  The bottom of winter is more steep-sided, with less than 3 weeks within 2° of the coldest average day.  However, nearly 3 months here have average temps at least 10° below 32.

3 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

I disagree a lot. Some years yes. Some years it’s horrible. Period!  I was a lifeguard for 10yrs…some years it(June)was great. Some years June was horrible.  Also played softball for 30 plus years…and most years ya freeze in the early evening playing in May and early June…more often than not that was/is the case.  

Everybody has their own ideas, and that’s fine. But I’ve worked and played in so many cool wet May’s and June’s, I can’t even count. Sure, some years it’s warm hot, but many times no.  That’s my experience. But if others feel differently, that’s fine.  

Just as some will say this winter was very good…cuz for some out east and SE it was a very good winter…but not for all/or not for a lot of us. But if it was good where you happen to live, then you feel differently than I do about this winter. We all have our own experiences, which shape our views of things/weather. 

So if some think late May and June is mostly warm, that’s cool. I’ve experienced otherwise many many times.  

I froze my tits off from Memorial day to mid June in Misquamicut as a lifeguard more times than not. Kev is way off, he doesn't have a pool. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

I froze my tits off from Memorial day to mid June in Misquamicut as a lifeguard more times than not. Kev is way off, he doesn't have a pool. 

This is my point. Thanks.

And I’m not complaining(Davis saying I’m complaining), just saying the way it is most years. Sure some years ya get the real warmth to come in earlier, and it’s great. But not usually.  

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Anyone see this avalanche in an Anchorage, AK suburb?  This is wild.  60-80 feet deep in places.

Officers were called to the 2400 block of Hiland, near River Lane, around 1:15 a.m. and found that a portion of the road was covered by snow, police said.

EDK7JGP5B5D5LMBWCIWP5XO4BE.jpg

FGUIDFBEU5CVPHSVICRO6VMELQ.jpg

Yes weather bud Jordan lives a mile from there ( met in the Air Force ) posted these

i-tqzR788-362x450.jpg

i-SzLNZ7G-600x394.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

June is typically nice. I had no problems going in a pool in June growing up. Hell I was in the ocean last year in June. LOL at me rushing a season. Sure first half can be crummy sometimes, but overall it’s usually good. Except 2003 Haha.

Late June was usually fine....but early June was like an ice bath.

• Like 2

Just now, CoastalWx said:

June is typically nice. I had no problems going in a pool in June growing up. Hell I was in the ocean last year in June. LOL at me rushing a season. Sure first half can be crummy sometimes, but overall it’s usually good. Except 2003 Haha.

We’ll that’s the point..first half…May through first half of June can be dicey if you’re looking for real summertime, that’s the only point being made.  And None of us had a problem being in a pool in June growing up..cuz we were kids. Lol.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

As a kid I was in the lakes Memorial day but cold. Even the ocean but not anymore. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Will by Tuesday poor trees

These types of cold shots after big warmups earlier in the month are when I'm glad most of the trees around here won't start budding early. It usually looks like a nuclear crater here until at least the 3rd or 4th week of April and I doubt that will change this year looking at the pattern over the next 2 weeks.

In 2017, we didn't get much green at all until May. I wasn't here in 2012, so that would've been interesting to see. Ditto 2010. Those two years had the earliest leaf-out in ORH I ever remember.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You are ridick . Late May thru June is nice. Every now and again you get a bad day, but it’s generally summer. You are completely wrong. What is it with people trying fight and fend off summer? Like making shit up just because they don’t like summer . June is deep summer 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You are ridick . Late May thru June is nice. Every now and again you get a bad day, but it’s generally summer. You are completely wrong. What is it with people trying fight and fend off summer? Like making shit up just because they don’t like summer . June is deep summer 

You dont have any credibility on these discussions. You try to tell us November is deep winter each year.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

May (late May) can be nice but that’s not summer. 

32 minutes ago, weathafella said:

A lot of posts validating why I hate spring.   Roll to Father’s Day.  By then it’s more reliably nice.   I have refused to go to a night game here before 6/15.   The one time I broke down was 2014 when a Boston/Oakland game in late April was played  with me in full winter gear with temperatures in the mid 30s and misery mist.

I think the coldest I have ever felt personally was a mid may Sox night game and I was obviously not paying attention to the weather thinking it would be like CT, my god what a raw cold night that was probably 5 or 6 years ago, I think I had the chills for a week after 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

You always try to make summer as short and cool as possible . So no one really takes that seriously. We live in a place with warm humid to at times hot summers in SNE

July and August are usually pretty summery, but we aren't discussing that part of summer....it was late may and early June. This is like claiming our winters are pretty cold and snowy after someone called you out for saying Thanksgiving is deep winter.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

July and August are usually pretty summery, but we aren't discussing that part of summer....it was late may and early June. This is like claiming our winters are pretty cold and snowy after someone called you out for saying Thanksgiving is deep winter.

Many years it is if it’s snowed 

23 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Mean max from May 21 to June 10 is 71 degrees mean low 52. Spring