Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly

40/70 Benchmark

31 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Even though it’s a shit pattern, each day is closer and closer to May 1st!!!

Lol…you got 5 weeks before that arrives.  And last year, a month after that came and went, it was sheet rain and 45 degrees on Memorial Day weekend.  And then 55 and raining on the 4th of July.  Good luck Wiz! 

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol…you got 5 weeks before that arrives.  And last year, a month after that came and went, it was sheet rain and 45 degrees on Memorial Day weekend.  And then 55 and raining on the 4th of July.  Good luck Wiz! 

This Memorial Day will be 90’s with 70’s dews 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

This Memorial Day will be 90’s with 70’s dews 

I guess we’ll see?  But you have a much better chance of it being warmer than last year than not. But I’ll still sell on 90’s.  Might be 90’s on May 18th or 25th, but memorial day will be cloudy and cool…more often than not. 

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

I guess we’ll see?  But you have a better chance of being right than not. But I’ll still sell on 90’s.  Might be 90’s on May 18th or 25th, but memorial day will be cloudy and cool…more often than not. 

There’s nothing better than a 95/74 Memorial Day/4th of July. Everyone grilling naked with palm leafs covering the privates then hardcore thunderstorms during the PM. 

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

There’s nothing better than a 95/74 Memorial Day/4th of July. Everyone grilling naked with palm leafs covering the privates then hardcore thunderstorms during the PM. 

Oh I hear ya…but I’ll sell that on Memorial Day for sure!  Almost never happens on Memorial Day. Once in a great while…but I’ll bet against it every time in SNE. Southern NJ on south ya. Not here for the most part. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

How come? 

Are you serious?  I can remember most memorial days my whole dam life(I’m 54), being cloudy and cool here, than not. And I live in a much better place at that time of year, of it being warm and sunny than you do. That’s why.  

Ya sure, there have been a few that have been hot and humid/sunny. But not usually. Not even close..not even here WOR. 

4 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Overcast now but most of the afternoon was: 

4CED3A51-55F3-4EB6-A51B-BCE89E0E59E4.thumb.jpeg.a5cf900df6ce428b7f5d3da51f349fbd.jpeg

That must be new, haven’t noticed that one yet!  Lawson’s is my go to when in the mood for beer.  Sip of Sunshine extended family has blown up but much preferable to the Alchemist beers IMO.  Though Heady and Focal changed the local beer world.

43 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

We hope.  Sometimes it’s 85-90F in May and again in September these days. Everyone putting in A/C, ha.  The bookend season heat has been impressive lately.

I am having AC installed here now. There are like 2-3 weeks of the season where it is just unbearable here without it. The humidity is what does it, really. 

October and November are OK here as a shoulder season. I have had some really nice days in both months, especially when it's dry.

April and May mostly suck though. I head back to MD and DE those months. Pretty much terrible up here. 

I walked out a bit into the field today with a contractor doing some work on the house and was sinking in. It's a disgusting pit out there. A swamp, basically. I'm sure the bugs will be breeding soon.

It'll get better by mid-June.

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

October and November are OK here as a shoulder season. I have had some really nice days in both months, especially when it's dry.

April and May mostly suck though. I head back to MD and DE those months. Pretty much terrible up here. 

I walked out a bit into the field today with a contractor doing some work on the house and was sinking in. It's a disgusting pit out there. A swamp, basically. I'm sure the bugs will be breeding soon.

It'll get better by mid-June.

This is precisely my intention in the years to come... Will and I have mused about this in the past.   Leaving at the end of March and never having to see the climate cesspool that is April in New England.   I'll risk the rare year that its utopic ... knowing that it is far more probable that a forecast will say it's going to be that way, only to have one's head jammed up the GOM of anus seemingly on purpose... 

Lol...'but how do I really feel'    

No but if you really have the option - use it!

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

That must be new, haven’t noticed that one yet!  Lawson’s is my go to when in the mood for beer.  Sip of Sunshine extended family has blown up but much preferable to the Alchemist beers IMO.  Though Heady and Focal changed the local beer world.

It was taproom only until this week.  Limited New England  distro for a few weeks. 
Sublime.  Just a hint of grapefruit to enhance the fruity Southern Hemisphere  hop profile.  A stunning beer if you enjoy IPA’s.  
I bought half a case from the local craft shop, 25% of their allocation.   :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1