Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly

40/70 Benchmark

6 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t consider that getting screwed. If you get snow.. you win. Screwed to me is if you get zero and 3 miles away gets accumulating snow. If many towns get 15” and you get 8-9”.. that is not screwed 

If that keeps happening, though, its frustrating....that is how a spot like mine goes several years without sniffing normal, while much of the region doesn't.

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

I was surprised we went from ZR back to IP and even some large aggregates here and there.  I figured once it was ZR, the IP was done.  Mountain is one giant glazed donut.

Had some huge aggregates and IP at the same time between 9 and 10 this AM, always light, then RA-/dz since about 10:15.  0.2" frozen, mostly gone now.  Two years ago on this date I was looking at 10" new, snow season's biggest event.  ((2nd biggest would come 16 days later.)

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You drunk 

Considering that back in the 80's everyone and his brother were forming hardrock/metal bands there is no chance of kiss having 5 of the worse 20 albums of the 80's....there was some absolutely terrible music made during the 80's....perhaps he has a Dee Snider poster hanging on the wall??

See the source image

11 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Considering that back in the 80's everyone and his brother were forming hardrock/metal bands there is no chance of kiss having 5 of the worse 20 albums of the 80's....there was some absolutely terrible music made during the 80's....perhaps he has a Dee Snider poster hanging on the wall??

See the source image

Warrant, Cinderella, Faster Pussycat... the list goes on and on. 

Hair metal is not really my thing but I can tolerate the likes of Motley Crue and Ratt.

As a teenager in the 80's I saw Judas Priest, The Scorpions, Iron Maiden, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Rainbow,  Ronnie Dio etc, all of whom had talented bands and it made the hair metal stuff that came along later seem trite.

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Hair metal is not really my thing but I can tolerate the likes of Motley Crue and Ratt.

As a teenager in the 80's I saw Judas Priest, The Scorpions, Iron Maiden, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Rainbow,  Ronnie Dio etc, all of whom had talented bands and it made the hair metal stuff that came along later seem trite.

.....the official band of winter 21-22...

See the source image

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Do not lump Cinderella in with bands like Warrant and Faster Pussycat.  They were packaged visually like other hair bands but they were much more bluesy and gritty.  They are almost like an East Coast Tesla.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

When we look back at snow totals-this will be a considered a good year for Boston.   But even in the decent totals zone, it seemed a short winter with fewer than normal events.   The events that did occur were strong though.

Decent over there…lousy here. Maybe not a complete Rat..but close enough here. 15” below normal is sucky.  Thought we might be able to score another 4-5”, but it looks like it’s gonna go out with a whimper. 

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

When we look back at snow totals-this will be a considered a good year for Boston.   But even in the decent totals zone, it seemed a short winter with fewer than normal events.   The events that did occur were strong though.

This winter had way too many cutters. We didn't really have a signature period where we were solid cold....even some past rats have had that like Jan 2000 or even Feb '95....this year we couldn't sustain anything. January could've been exceptional had that BGM-track storm on 1/17 been a further east track like might happen the other 99 times out of 100 we simulate that pattern. Then it would've been basically been from 1/7 until month-end of snow/cold combo.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

See the source image

Kiss wasn't hard rock/metal in the 80's (after Creatures of the Night)...remember they had Desmond Child and even Michael Bolton (lol) writing their songs.  Either way some of the worst music by Kiss and of the era

13 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

I believe this April 2, 2018 deal, was the next day/morning after Easter Sunday. 

You’re not old enough to remember April 1982….full on Mid winter blizzard in April that year. Crippled the era…out of school for 3-4 days.   So we can hope for a lot in April…but most times it doesn’t happen, but once in a while a big one comes to visit.  

Then of course there was April of 96, and April of 97 too. 

How were those in CT? Did southern CT and near the shore get screwed in the April Fools Blizzard 97?

31 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

How were those in CT? Did southern CT and near the shore get screwed in the April Fools Blizzard 97?

Here in central CT we did well in ‘97.. 13-14” easily. 

I don’t remember exactly what the shore got, but as Ryan said, it sounded like they did pretty well. 

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

funny b/c every I see the boston snow total, I reflect how out here in metrowest I would judge this winter to be significantly below average due to poor snow retention which cut way down on my # of local xc ski days plus I really missed out on the short period where we had good ice for skating - late January - when I was out west skiing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Angus said:

funny b/c every I see the boston snow total, I reflect how out here in metrowest I would judge this winter to be significantly below average due to poor snow retention which cut way down on my # of local xc ski days plus I really missed out on the short period where we had good ice for skating - late January - when I was out west skiing.

The fact we could not hold onto the pack is a downer. The only time I felt like we retained anything was after the late Feb SWFE. 

9 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

The Dec 92 storm, Nemo and the April's fool  storm were some of the highest rates I can remember. I got 12 inches in 3 hours with Nemo, not sure of 97 but it was a consistent 2-3 even 4 inches per hour for awhile.

Yeah I'd say for consistent rates with respect to time, April Fools and this past blizzard for me. April Fools probably had the most prolonged heavy rates I've ever seen. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah I'd say for consistent rates with respect to time, April Fools and this past blizzard for me. April Fools probably had the most prolonged heavy rates I've ever seen. 

Yeah, for me I would say April Fools and then probably January 2005 were the heaviest snowfall rates I’ve ever seen.  I was in Cambridge for both of them.