Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t consider that getting screwed. If you get snow.. you win. Screwed to me is if you get zero and 3 miles away gets accumulating snow. If many towns get 15” and you get 8-9”.. that is not screwed 

That's what I mean. You view it as saying I got some snow. Some get very very angry.

32 minutes ago, GCWarrior said:

Always fun and exciting times out here in the hill towns! Daughters school district called a snow day! So I had to take a day off of work.

Wut?  Lol.  Shelburne or Mohawk regional? 
my coworker did say there was a pretty good glaze up in Colrain when he left.

moderate rain here with sleet pellets mixed in.

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That is a great song. One of my top 3 favorite Kiss songs .

What is your favorite Kiss album?

I know that that the 1970's stuff is what people go for, like Destroyer, Love Gun, etc., but I actually like much of the 80's material, including, Hot In The Shade, which is as a very good record and great way to end the 1980's for Kiss. Overall, I would say Revenge from 92 is a masterpiece for them, and my favorite Kiss album. Great songs, great production...all of it.

1 hour ago, UnitedWx said:

That April '82 was crazy! The grass was already greening up, buds on everything and within a few hours we were back to mid January weather, and extra time off from school

One of the few storms to pound CHI, NYC and CAR.  2 out of 3 is common but hitting all 3 much less so.  It was the strongest blizzard of my experience with gusts well into the 50s in Fort Kent, and by far the most wintry April storm in NYC's 150+ years of record.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

I know that that the 1970's stuff is what people go for, like Destroyer, Love Gun, etc., but I actually like much of the 80's material, including, Hot In The Shade, which is as a very good record and great way to end the 1980's for Kiss. Overall, I would say Revenge from 92 is a masterpiece for them, and my favorite Kiss album. Great songs, great production...all of it.

Any of the first 8… From Kisd to Dressed to Kill, up thru Alive 2. Creatures of the Night was very good too. If I had to pick one.. I’d pick Destroyer 

• Like 1

There's 80 .. 90% chance that Brian will be disgruntled tomorrow...

Most guidance agree that the D- attempted Miller B will cripple its way toward the Martimes, exiting the region between 06 and 12z ..

That backside of this may get real, real lucky for everyone S-E of his geographic hell tomorrow, where light backside d-slope flow is not deeply cold advecting, yet still just strong enough to aid in DVM/NVA clearing...  

That's all code for him pancaking the day at a stalled 48 while anyone 10 mi S-E of the pancake rim will be shooting toward the low 60s ... 

Just perfectly annoying                           lol

Seriously, it does look like we get lucky and soar the temp mid day tomorrow. The flow aft the low's passage prior to dawn does come around to the NW.   It's not really imparting much cold ..easily offset by d-slope compression.   Models may tend to over pollute the ceiling coverage in that sort of set up - at least they used to..  ...Model choice is blend of Euro/NAM ... leaning Euro for RH/sigma levels.  The Euro's bone dry by 18z at 700, 500 and 300 mb, over top a +4 at 850 mb and +11 ..12C at 925... in column that's mix-able through that depth... So that's 22C for a > 60% insolation shining into the 2-meter.   What a shocker compared to to 37 F R- retchedness out there right now.    Feel the GFS is too lagged with 925 to 700 mb RH for that 12z to 18z window...altho it does tend to dry out the column by 18z so it may not be totally wrong either. 

This is the way it's likely to be for the next 10 days ... how far into April is anyone's guess.  But these kind of sneaky nape days emerge in time, in between either the mired of drab days like today, or those obnoxious windy cold wasted sun ones... I'd say that's also pretty spot on our climate for New England at this time of year, too.  

Cold shot early next week does little for lingering winter enthusiastic hope ... then rinse and repeat at the end of the week.  Welcome to thrilling inspiration of New England spring...    By this time next year, I may be shopping in a different region in the country.  I'm changing preferentially/internally ... I'm starting to not feel/sense the benefit of winters when then having to contend with endless protracted nature of this ultra low redemptive spring discomfort.  It's just not ringing as worth it to me.  I'm outgrowing it... something. 

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Anyway. Was rain when I left home and now that I look at cam I see we have some kind of frozen precip accumulation at 33°.

image.jpeg

I was surprised we went from ZR back to IP and even some large aggregates here and there.  I figured once it was ZR, the IP was done.  Mountain is one giant glazed donut.

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Beer?

Lisa Washington?

I actually looked on my cam loop and it looked like some suspicious hydrometeors so I asked her and she confirmed. I think it’s mostly sleet with the occasional burst of aggies. I haven’t looked at soundings so idk how far fetched it is. 

2 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

Kiss made probably 5 of the top 20 worst albums of the 80's lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

I was surprised we went from ZR back to IP and even some large aggregates here and there.  I figured once it was ZR, the IP was done.  Mountain is one giant glazed donut.

Same happened here.  Ground was whitened, maybe .25" of frozen glop.  School was delayed 2 hours