Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly

40/70 Benchmark

19 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That is true. Usually we get “something “ here. In and up enough . East enough to get something.  That MLK deal was a rare screwgie.. but it still stings 

Like for example March 2019 ( March 4th) I think you had like 8-9” when just south of you had 15”+. If that was Ray, he’d light his kid’s swing set on fire. 

• Haha 2

I don’t cheer for someone to get screwed. Yeah maybe we may giggle at a Kevin melt if he did, but I don’t think anybody cheers it on. 
This place is probably going to be brutal next  winter. Either Ray sets off nukes if he’s screwed again, or it’s an interior curb stomping from those west and north of a Boston to Will to Kevin to Steve. 

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I don’t cheer for someone to get screwed. Yeah maybe we may giggle at a Kevin melt if he did, but I don’t think anybody cheers it on. 
This place is probably going to be brutal next  winter. Either Ray sets off nukes if he’s screwed again, or it’s an interior curb stomping from those west and north of a Boston to Will to Kevin to Steve. 

Don’t forget about us over here Scott…we need some redemption for this POS winter too.

Steve Did great this year…his area cleaned up. 

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Don’t forget about us over here Scott…we need some redemption for this POS winter too.

Steve Did great this year…his area cleaned up. 

Wolves lives matter. 

Big winter incoming for us wor folk next winter. If not, then the following winter…and so on. Eventually, it has to happen. It just does. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You guys did. I recall, . I bet you woke up and saw the snow we had and you didn’t .. that was falling over your head and deposited here.. and got angry. At least for a few minutes, 

I thought i was in the wrong thread for a minute with everyone talking about past events, so ill add something to that. I forgot about the fact that the Mar 2019 NE hills event was exactly on 23rd. As it snowed there one year later on the 23rd. 

Come to think of it. CT has seen a snow event in 5 of the last 7 years on or around the Mar 21-23rd time frame

March 21st 2015 - 2-7", southern CT focused

March 21st 2016 - 2-7", stripe of 4-7 across central and NE CT

March 2017 - none

March 21st 2018 - 0-8", 6-8 across far SW CT and 2-6" across southern half of CT, big bust

March 23rd 2019 - 0-6", Up to around 6" in the NE hills, most of the state nearly nothing

March 23rd 2020 - 0-6", 2-6" most of northern half of CT, southern CT 0-2"

March 2021 - none

It's like December 5th of the early 2000s. It would also seem to snow around that date for a few years around here back then.

13 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya need a lot to go right anywhere in SNE in April.  I don’t live in NYC or Newark for god sakes lol. It snows in interior CT In early April.

But this year is a weird year. It will find a way not to. And I’m seriously not pulling a Kevin a here…I’m honestly speaking my mind/gut in this.   I’ve been ready to put this season behind us for a while now. So I hope it just doesn’t do anything, and gets mild. 

Sometimes right down to the coast, but it's pretty rare.

About the best we can hope for this time of year is something like April 2018 to happen. We were on the verge of actually having another one after this but it fizzled out as we got closer. 

Wild season post March 1st.

04_02.18_snow_totals_updated.thumb.jpg.64af95462ddba14b8d1cbf49a94e7dc0.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

About the best we can hope for this time of year is something like April 2018 to happen. We were on the verge of actually having another one after this but it fizzled out as we got closer. 

I'll take the mid April 2021 storm again

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I believe this April 2, 2018 deal, was the next day/morning after Easter Sunday. 

You’re not old enough to remember April 1982….full on Mid winter blizzard in April that year. Crippled the era…out of school for 3-4 days.   So we can hope for a lot in April…but most times it doesn’t happen, but once in a while a big one comes to visit.  

Then of course there was April of 96, and April of 97 too. 

April 96 was no joke... I lived in Bristol CT in a lower elevation area near Tunxis College

Rain and mid 40s became heavy wet snow within an hour or two. Was a quick hit but from 11 pm to 4 am snow fell at rate of 2/hour and occasionally 3/hour. Loud thunder and lightning...10 inches of paste on paved surfaces with a foot on elevated.

A wild finish to an unbelievable winter

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Like for example March 2019 ( March 4th) I think you had like 8-9” when just south of you had 15”+. If that was Ray, he’d light his kid’s swing set on fire. 

I don’t consider that getting screwed. If you get snow.. you win. Screwed to me is if you get zero and 3 miles away gets accumulating snow. If many towns get 15” and you get 8-9”.. that is not screwed 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

I believe this April 2, 2018 deal, was the next day/morning after Easter Sunday. 

You’re not old enough to remember April 1982….full on Mid winter blizzard in April that year. Crippled the era…out of school for 3-4 days.   So we can hope for a lot in April…but most times it doesn’t happen, but once in a while a big one comes to visit.  

Then of course there was April of 96, and April of 97 too. 

That April '82 was crazy! The grass was already greening up, buds on everything and within a few hours we were back to mid January weather, and extra time off from school