Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly

40/70 Benchmark

25 minutes ago, dendrite said:

A lot of spots should flirt with 70F on Friday. Saturday is looking wet for a lot of NNE too. Maybe Phin can hold some early snow, but it's looking meek.

Maybe another chance mid week next week for some kind of overrunning deal?

Yeah it looks like the euro caved to the GFS for the weekend.  Hoping for  elevation snow at Jay Peak, IFSA eastern finals this weekend.  

14 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I doubt the House will ever pass this. It’ll die there .

I agree.

Unfortunately  I am one of those people who never truly adjusts to DST.  My body feels like it's living on jetlag for months.  Strange, but there are others like me, rare, but we aliens do exist.  I haven't had a decent night sleep since last Friday.

People moaning about losing an hour of daylight in the summer and/ or too much darkness in the a.m. really have only a partial grip on what matters in life.  Life could be way worse than not begin able to change the clocks.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I don’t think anyone here thought the clocks were the most important issue facing the world today?

It's just part of the unending charm of a Internet bus-stop Americana, that there are so many different interpretation sensitivity radars sending detection intents and purposes back to the user - right or wrong...

Last I looked I thought today was going to bust warm pretty good based upon the 925 mb thermal depths/cloud RH...   But as the dawn raised the dimmer switch on the setting via satellite, this time sensitive loop,

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=local-Rhode_Island-02-24-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined

...reveals what looks to me like a sneaky "un-charta-able" BD feature has sneakily crept west like a scene out of the 1980s B-thriller, "The Fog"

The accelerating mass of lower clouds exiting SE out of the GOM is a smoking gun for a layer below 925 slipping SW...  There are wave form fractals over the Berkshire's oriented NW-SE... and so the eastern SNE sore butt air mass is decoupled from that ... cutting underneath.

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

The accelerating mass of lower clouds exiting SE out of the GOM is a smoking gun for a layer below 925 slipping SW...  There a wave form fractals over the Berkshire's oriented NW-SE... and so the eastern SNE sore butt air mass is decoupled from that and the cutting underneath.

That stuff should dissolve in a few hours. 925 winds also turn light SW later. I also like seeing it dry from the north as satellite shows. 

I was hoping to get a little sun in tomorrow, but looks meh. Oh well.

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

The accelerating mass of lower clouds exiting SE out of the GOM is a smoking gun for a layer below 925 slipping SW...  There are wave form fractals over the Berkshire's oriented NW-SE... and so the eastern SNE sore butt air mass is decoupled from that ... cutting underneath.

It's too bad, today has the first spring/summer morning looks outside, bright blue skies looks 70 out there, but its only 42, maybe we hit 60-65 today before the marine airmass moves in. 

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That stuff should dissolve in a few hours. 925 winds also turn light SW later. I also like seeing it dry from the north as satellite shows. 

Yeah...I just noticed that too...  Also the leading edge dissolving in RI ....

It's shallow whatever that is ..or "was" rather and it might not dictate the whole day.   Thing is, this time of year, expectations being realistically low anyway ... a N wind in this air mass is a value add.  Just keep the evil ocean heat and life sucker where it belongs, please

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Good thing we aren't tracking snow tomorrow and just rain.  Euro vs the world would be a 4-8" Euro vs nothing to 2" on the rest of the models.  I wouldn't mind the half inch of rain the Euro has to wash winter's mess away. 

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Well specifics don't matter, but more typical north of pike stuff....but an interesting deal anyways. This is later next week or weekend so lala land.

Oh I get that…was just asking in reference  to what the 6z GFS was showing when I asked.  Figured it was N. of Pike. Lol. 

2 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

I agree.

Unfortunately  I am one of those people who never truly adjusts to DST.  My body feels like it's living on jetlag for months.  Strange, but there are others like me, rare, but we aliens do exist.  I haven't had a decent night sleep since last Friday.

People moaning about losing an hour of daylight in the summer and/ or too much darkness in the a.m. really have only a partial grip on what matters in life.  Life could be way worse than not begin able to change the clocks.

Same for me. I can't shake it until like May.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, A Moonlit Sky said:

Same for me. I can't shake it until like May.

Not to prolong the discussion but curiosity gets the best of me... is it the daylight change or is it the lack of sleep one night?  Like how do you deal with time zone changes or say traveling to Europe or something?  If you have something come up and get one less hour of sleep a night, does that linger for a month?  Or is it purely that the body is fooled into thinking its a different time with the daylight?

For folks who struggle with this I can't imagine jet lag or even changing a time zone.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Not to prolong the discussion but curiosity gets the best of me... is it the daylight change or is it the lack of sleep one night?  Like how do you deal with time zone changes or say traveling to Europe or something?  If you have something come up and get one less hour of sleep a night, does that linger for a month?  Or is it purely that the body is fooled into thinking its a different time with the daylight?

For folks who struggle with this I can't imagine jet lag or even changing a time zone.

For a couple of days it is tough to fall  to sleep but quickly adapt. It does however screw my dogs up big time. Normal chow time is 7 so by 6 they are antsy and at night their 4 o'clock is now 5. But they will figure it out in a week. Now with no change they will be fine year round. I was thinking yesterday about my old job how all the computer run systems automatically change to dsd then again in the fall. Same with our phones and everything else computerized.  A lot of programming work coming up it seems.

48 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's a combination of the above, I suspect. I'm naturally a night person as-is, so I end up being sensitive to any changes in that schedule. Pushing my internal clock later while still having to get up at the same time messes with me for a while.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

It's too bad, today has the first spring/summer morning looks outside, bright blue skies looks 70 out there, but its only 42, maybe we hit 60-65 today before the marine airmass moves in. 

It's not likely to get that far inland where y'allz are...  

It was real this morning up this way, prior to 9 or 9:30 but area obs have since vastly improved.  It appears to be absorbing in, and like Scott mentioned there are already signs of S flow taking over.  As the sun warms and turns over the BL further, we'll probably see the surface mix out entirely up here where we are and bounce the temp.  

33 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's not likely to get that far inland where y'allz are...  

It was real this morning up this way, prior to 9 or 9:30 but area obs have since vastly improved.  It appears to be absorbing in, and like Scott mentioned there are already signs of S flow taking over.  As the sun warms and turns over the BL further, we'll probably see the surface mix out entirely up here where we are and bounce the temp.  

Not but we get our Long Island sound chill coming in after 4pm temps forecast to go from 60-40 in a few hours in southern CT. 58 right now.