Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly

40/70 Benchmark

18 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No reason to ever do that and lose sleep over either anger or excited. Either way you lose. Just look in morning and get 7-9 hours solid sleep 

I don't get up and run at 4 am, I get 7 hrs sleep after the Euro comes out at 12:45, I have bankers hours, No need for it to go to 1:45 am..............:)

yeah..that's the first thing that came to mind for me ...  8:45 pm, between May ...12 or whatever and July 25th ...isn't the sun still not set yet at that hour?  

It's all good - not sure if I could ever do that even with training.  interesting...

37 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Keep it standard all year. I want twilight appearing at 345am in June.

Gah no way :lol:… be like sleeping in Norway on a trip I took there in June years back.  People BBQing at like midnight and get up to piss at 3-4am to full daylight.  Weird way to live, ha.

20 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Gah no way :lol:… be like sleeping in Norway on a trip I took there in June years back.  People BBQing at like midnight and get up to piss at 3-4am to full daylight.  Weird way to live, ha.

Will see if the house passes, I say no. (But what the hell do I know)

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

More black ice accidents in the morning before sun has a chance to work?

Over the years, not lately though, we've gone through periods when DPW would recommend school delays so their crews could do treatments or push corners back and get their crews off the roads so kids were not standing around in the dark while they

Just now, FXWX said:

Over the years, not lately though, we've gone through periods when DPW would recommend school delays so their crews could do treatments or push corners back and get their crews off the roads so kids were not standing around in the dark while they

Were still working

• Like 1

Thing is … time registry on Earth was derived and set in accordance with celestial mechanics and the sun.

It is DST the is the arbitrary, un-planetary designation of time quota and is thus “fake”  comparing both … 

Is there going to be two time clocks kept: the real one, and then the rockstar one? 

I guess it doesn’t ultimately matter. Time is fluid in all directions, only constrained in the presence of gravity … or extraordinary values of V … which for present day purposes and practical Euclidean scales is limited to Newtonian motion where time is exceptionally close to constant. 

Since we don’t deal with realities susceptible to time dilation … we are at liberty to call time whatever we want. Interesting. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Bright sun at 845 mid summer. Picture you with those rich peeps  blinders on

Latest sunset is about 8:30 in central CT.  But 8:45 it’s still very light…but not bright sun cuz the sun is down for 15 minutes already at 8:45. 

Definitely agree about the dark mornings…not gonna be good for Elementary kids. We tried this here in CT in the mid 70’s when I was in elementary school…it didn’t last long. As you said, Young kids waiting for the bus in the black darkness.  And they did not adjust the school start/end times then either.  I’m not a fan of this idea.  

3 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

yeah..that's the first thing that came to mind for me ...  8:45 pm, between May ...12 or whatever and July 25th ...isn't the sun still not set yet at that hour?  

It's all good - not sure if I could ever do that even with training.  interesting...

Sun is down about 8:30 in central CT on the longest days of the year…so it’s down at 8:45. 

5 hours ago, powderfreak said:

One way or another it’s going to be dark… either morning commute or evening commute.  I go to work in the dark and get home in the dark most of the winter, not sure it matters to me, ha.

Ya but no kids in CT at least, go to school or come home in the dark currently.  With DST all year round…every kid (H.S./Middle/Elementary) will be waiting for the bus in the dark during the winter time. That’s not a good thing..especially for the young kids.  As Jerry said, we had this for a couple years in the 70’s here, and they did away with it due to this reason. 

One of my schools the kids(elementary) arrive(busses) at 8:15. Sun doesn’t come up her until 7:18(EST), that would be 8:18(DST) during the dead of winter. I couldn’t imagine these lil tots waiting for the bus, and coming in in the dark. That just isn’t natural. 

• Weenie 1

34 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Sun is down about 8:30 in central CT on the longest days of the year…so it’s down at 8:45. 

True … but the point was really about ‘light’ - for me anyway. I’d be disinclined to bed down with evening light but it’s probably not an issue for everyone. ‘Sides … that only lasts for a month. 

13 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

I tore mine lifting one day, felt like a rubber band snapped, not great pain at the time but after a few days I couldn't brush my teeth with that hand. My doctor was terrible and didn't even prescribe PT so I looked into things on my own and got my strength back.

Unfortunately with my job I had to have surgical repair. Problem is they'll never heal themselves and I wanted as much strength back as possible. I put it off for a couple years and that was a huge mistake...made recovery on my left side painful as FUC. When my right side tore I had it done within a couple months and recovery was SO much easier, like by a factor of a thousand!

49 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

Unfortunately with my job I had to have surgical repair. Problem is they'll never heal themselves and I wanted as much strength back as possible. I put it off for a couple years and that was a huge mistake...made recovery on my left side painful as FUC. When my right side tore I had it done within a couple months and recovery was SO much easier, like by a factor of a thousand!

I got scoped too but never had PT to help with recovery, it was sore as hell for a while I remember that. Now that side is stronger still than the other side from the all the exercises I did.

• Like 1