Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, UnitedWx said:

My left and right rotator cuffs agree 100 percent! A skilled physical therapist is woth their weight in gold... IF you do as they say

I tore mine lifting one day, felt like a rubber band snapped, not great pain at the time but after a few days I couldn't brush my teeth with that hand. My doctor was terrible and didn't even prescribe PT so I looked into things on my own and got my strength back.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, weathafella said:

We had DST all year in the mid 70s.  Kids waiting for the bus in the dark on winter mornings did not play well.

They come home in the dark now in the winter as it is.  I think for most people, not having to deal with a time change twice a year will be nice.  Also, it seems like the Eastern time zone is way too big.  Feels like the US should have 4 time zones

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Models late, dark drives to work. Sleepy kids. What could go wrong

One way or another it’s going to be dark… either morning commute or evening commute.  I go to work in the dark and get home in the dark most of the winter, not sure it matters to me, ha.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

One way or another it’s going to be dark… either morning commute or evening commute.  I go to work in the dark and get home in the dark most of the winter, not sure it matters to me, ha.

Yea it's definitely a white collar idea. Those 9 to 5 ers

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yea it's definitely a white collar idea. Those 9 to 5 ers

No more 8am chairlift openings if it happens.  Ski day probably would have to be 9-5 instead of the classic 8-4.

I love the late light in summer… don’t really care in the winter, I’d keep it how it is.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

No more 8am chairlift openings if it happens.  Ski day probably would have to be 9-5 instead of the classic 8-4.

I love the late light in summer… don’t really care in the winter, I’d keep it how it is.

seems simple enough really.  Not sure why other aspects of society couldn't take note and implement.  23z model runs... done

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I loved when the moved it up to March though, nothing better than skinning to a summit sitting on top smoking a fattie with a beer chaser, watching the sun set and making last run at 7 or so in late March.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, radarman said:

seems simple enough really.  Not sure why other aspects of society couldn't take note and implement.  23z model runs... done

I mean you just pivot by an hour.  If you used to wake up at 5am, now you get up at 6am.  Society could adapt pretty easily as long as everything shifts.

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I loved when the moved it up to March though, nothing better than skinning to a summit sitting on top smoking a fattie with a beer chaser, watching the sun set and making last run at 7 or so in late March.

I do like it this time of year.  Goes with that spring vibe.  Lots of late afternoon skiing and chilling up top before late ski back to the parking lot.

In the end it’s still the same amount of daylight.

1 hour ago, radarman said:

now instead of losing one hour of sleep when the clocks change, all of us here can lose an hour of sleep every night in the winter

I won't be staying up for PBP if that's the case on the models, Fuk that, I'll be like Kevin and wake up in my footy PJ's to look in the morning.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

We had DST all year in the mid 70s.  Kids waiting for the bus in the dark on winter mornings did not play well.

Then move the school day up an hour...  ?

It's called evolving the culture and society. 

Being manacled to traditional methods is so mid last Century.. It's time to stop being Officer Stickbutt about toeing the line of conventionality.   ...not you, just sayn'. 

I mean I'm tired of the it can't be done rhetoric, because of this, that, or the other logistic impossibility -              bull     shit ...   

The human world is what humans make that world -  

• Like 3

The only good is I almost never need to get up before 9 and usually 10-10:30 so it will be light.  Dave is right-adjust the school day but how do the working parents adjust?  I’m not sure why the want to tinker with something that seems to work and everyone is used to….  In my growing up days, DST started in late April and ended in late October.   I despised the early change to DST when I had to be up early.

22 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I do like it this time of year.  Goes with that spring vibe.  Lots of late afternoon skiing and chilling up top before late ski back to the parking lot.

In the end it’s still the same amount of daylight.

More black ice accidents in the morning before sun has a chance to work?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I won't be staying up for PBP if that's the case on the models, Fuk that, I'll be like Kevin and wake up in my footy PJ's to look in the morning.

No reason to ever do that and lose sleep over either anger or excited. Either way you lose. Just look in morning and get 7-9 hours solid sleep 

• Like 3