Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly

40/70 Benchmark

8 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Congrats Randolph this weekend on the Euro 

What a weenie run for that area....they get pretty good snows on the clipper too. That plus the weekend deal puts them at like 2 feet of snow over the next 7 days, lol.....would be good for the ski areas though....SR and sugarloaf look to get smoked too.

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

What a weenie run for that area....they get pretty good snows on the clipper too. That plus the weekend deal puts them at like 2 feet of snow over the next 7 days, lol.....would be good for the ski areas though....SR and sugarloaf look to get smoked too.

Dude you know exactly where I would be the next 2 weeks. Damn PF to Tom T maBe even our DrySlut get a lashing. Cmon Euro let's do this

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Dude you know exactly where I would be the next 2 weeks. Damn PF to Tom T maBe even our DrySlut get a lashing. Cmon Euro let's do this

Reminds me of the 10 day period in 2014 where they got like 3 feet between 3/13 and 3/23....I think you were at Sunday River for the 2nd of those 3 events....like a 12-16" paste bomb on 3/19-20/14. I arrived the next day and then we got a 3-4" clipper on 3/22.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Reminds me of the 10 day period in 2014 where they got like 3 feet between 3/13 and 3/23....I think you were at Sunday River for the 2nd of those 3 events....like a 12-16" paste bomb on 3/19-20/14. I arrived the next day and then we got a 3-4" clipper on 3/22.

Yep. 40 inches otg. Man Phin might have the TBlizz whine down pat now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Yep. 40 inches otg. Man Phin might have the TBlizz whine down pat now.

Yeah and I had zilch on the ground down here...one of the more impressive gradients I've seen. They just got crushed over and over again that month while we got shafted here despite it being a very cold pattern. But the March snow up there is great....best skiing month hands down in NNE IMHO.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah and I had zilch on the ground down here...one of the more impressive gradients I've seen. They just got crushed over and over again that month while we got shafted here despite it being a very cold pattern. But the March snow up there is great....best skiing month hands down in NNE IMHO.

When I did trees. One of my favorite trips ever. Place was empty all week because of what you said no snow in the big cities.0320141010.thumb.jpg.547facfb77b2ee03b0555ca20a3b49b2.jpg

1395364734568.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

When I did trees. One of my favorite trips ever. Place was empty all week because of what you said no snow in the big cities.0320141010.thumb.jpg.547facfb77b2ee03b0555ca20a3b49b2.jpg

1395364734568.jpg

Ha, I prob went down those same trails a few days later. It was definitely an incredible ski weekend....some of the best conditions I've skied in when you combine the snow and temps. It was like mid to upper 20s and chalky snow on the groomers despite late March and the woods were just buried.

Hopefully similar dumpage this year.

• Like 1

One final hurrah in the final week of March? 

Heres 5 day EPS mean H5 and then 850 anomaly below…you can see cold source temporarily gets re-established for a winter threat potential…and yea, clown range ensemble caveats still apply

0BD99DD9-5E8D-40F2-8861-8465B4457804.png

731C0673-2E9D-4F1C-B2B0-0F9C9A52683C.png

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Ha I knew someone would get it

20220314_144919.jpg

Interesting plot, but they should just keep it 2-dimensional. No need to create a TIN using snowfall, then contour the TIN using snowfall :lol:

Normally, TIN's are just created using topographic data and shaded by satellite imagery of landcover.