Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly

40/70 Benchmark

14 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Is that map supposed to be elevation? Downeast ME looks like 1kft and the Tug Hill looks like the Himilayas. 

It also has my current location down to NW RI higher than the spine of ORH county. Lol

Not correct. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Last snowcover day of the season . Hit 30.6 today . Always like looking out at that last snow OTG. Until the next time in Nov. We move onto dews 

edxHmW5.jpg

We’ll have another threat. If nothing else because you’ve said this three times and we’ve had threats.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That’s pretty cool. Interestingly in CT East of river overall is higher in elevation than west of river .. caveat NW Hills have the highest elevation . Common misconception is there’s only a few small hills in E CT

Yeah I remember Woonsocket area has some pretty craggy terrain and that is not too far from NE CT at all so I believe it. I can see the way Woonsocket area is like a shelf… And I vaguely remember that shelf or sudden rise of elevation that way. I mean I was 19 it’s been almost 20 years since I was out there.

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Peepers coming out this week I think. Pretty sure I heard a lone one on a hike this aftn despite ice in the swamps. That’s early.

I actually heard a few on our hike Friday at our local Audubon....definitely out, just not terribly vocal yet

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Last snowcover day of the season . Hit 30.6 today . Always like looking out at that last snow OTG. Until the next time in Nov. We move onto dews 

edxHmW5.jpg

Sub-freezing but that March sun just smokes it.  That time of year when 2.5" can look like that after some sunshine.

7 hours ago, 512high said:

Tip, I want to say thank you this past winter season for posting a lot of threads for storms and potential dates to keep an eye out for, same for Ray, Scott, Will and everyone else (whose real names I don't know etc). I am  not a hot/humid Summer person, Fall/Winter guy......life is short, enjoy all the seasons, before you know it we will all be talking about the upcoming Winter potential, and yes we will be a year older. Just wondering Tip, if this year you started to become a winter enthusiast as you say? Just don't recall years past, of you posting so many threads etc. Its all good....carry on.

Thanks … 

ah I’ve always been a winter enthusiast. 

I’ve also been equally enthused with summer.  

Years ago I posted quite frequently …major thread starts going back to Eastern, but that may predate you’re involved - I don’t know

There are weather types that sensibly I do not care for, indigenous to either seasons. It’s not unusual or unique to say … not a fan of soaring HIs of summer for example. Equally, disenchanted by 32.decimal rains of winter.

The reason I posted more is because I happened to be between gigs and had the bandwidth. I’d say it was a decent enough performance for total deterministic/risk assessing at longer leads - though I get it that actual snow is the primary purpose for this particular engagement (lol). Unfortunately … day 6-8 leads is a bit over the horizon for discrete event profiling.  The one event that did offer some coherence a bit further out was the blizzard … but wouldn’t we guess, had to snow the least amount relative to blizzard criteria. 

Some years are just minted for mediocrity 

• Like 3