• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The Great CAPE Weak Sauce Storm (or Disappointment and Hindenburg like Fail)

stormtracker

If it follows the evolution of our other storms we should see a decent storm on the models for a bit (yesterday) then it goes in the wrong direction fast, a bit past 100 hours out. Then over the following days as the threat reaches inside 100 hours small treads start making the storm possible again but it is generally locked in as a minor event. Finally, after days of minor progress to an possible event one run from the globals destroy the event. However, people still cling to the short term models as they slowly remove any hope, in the end we get around .5 of an inch.

9 minutes ago, CAPE said:

It is slightly better, so a small step maybe. Not sure we are going to get back to that earlier/deeper/wester dig of the NS energy like we were seeing yesterday.

And even in those best runs it was kinda a pathetic weak sauce system.  4/10ths qpf with temps near freezing in late Feb isn’t gonna do much damage. And you’re talking about that like it’s some high water mark we can’t get back too. Lol 

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

And even in those best runs it was kinda a pathetic weak sauce system.  4/10ths qpf with temps near freezing in late Feb isn’t gonna do much damage. And you’re talking about that like it’s some high water mark we can’t get back too. Lol 

Doesn't have to be a qpf bomb, at least for me. Rates and time of day matter more. The 12z/18z GFS simulations of yesterday had 4-6" (10:1) from the DC area across to central DE. I'd take that.

The thread title could use a little revising maybe. I simply identified this as a window for a possible sneaky wave behind the late week storm that had fail written all over it. I was already looking ahead.

The Great CAPE storm is a little hyperbolic. :yikes:

(That one happened in early January. B))

3 minutes ago, CAPE said:

The Canadians say no at 12z.

Enjoy the Euro run y'all.

I have one of those 'play nice in the workplace' deals to attend for like the 30th time. Always need refreshers on how to behave professionally.

If they tell you that you're hogging all the network bandwidth surfing weatherbell and americanwx, it's definitely best to tell them to f- off in a professional manner..

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, CAPE said:

The Canadians say no at 12z.

Enjoy the Euro run y'all.

I have one of those 'play nice in the workplace' deals to attend for like the 30th time. Always need refreshers on how to behave professionally.

Any chance that work place training is "How to remain respectful and professional with colleagues after the 12z model runs take away your snow."? :lol:

• stormtracker changed the title to The Great CAPE Weak Sauce Storm (or Disappointment and Hindenburg like Fail)
1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Doesn't have to be a qpf bomb, at least for me. Rates and time of day matter more. The 12z/18z GFS simulations of yesterday had 4-6" (10:1) from the DC area across to central DE. I'd take that.

I guess location matters. The most amped run we had was like .25 qpf up here and you talk about that like it was likely something we can’t get back too. So sorry if I’m lacking enthusiasm for something that the best run of any model ever showed still wasn’t amplified enough to be anything more than another fringe nuisance event for my location.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic