• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Potential of Widespread Snow/ Mixed Precipitation 2/25

sferic

BUF'S forecast for N. Cayuga covers all the grounds: WWA advisory for 5 to 9 inches through 10 pm tomorrow (wouldn't that be warning criteria?), 8 to 12 inches on the map, 6 to 9 inches through tomorrow with more "snow and snow showers" tomorrow evening (which would add more).

So, I'll just issue a "Winter Weather Warning" for 5 to 12 inches tonight through tomorrow night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rochesterdave said:

NWS dropped a really anemic advisory on Monroe. 4-7”. Booo. Looks like they buy the EURO. 

I mean with the speed of this system I don’t think you can realistically expect much more. A solid 6 inch storm would be fine by me. I’m going to Bristol first thing tomorrow. Pretty big gamble with the mix line so close but the season is quickly coming to a close so I’m rolling the dice. 

• Like 1

Just now, DeltaT13 said:

I mean with the speed of this system I don’t think you can realistically expect much more. A solid 6 inch storm would be fine by me. I’m going to Bristol first thing tomorrow. Pretty big gamble with the mix line so close but the season is quickly coming to a close so I’m rolling the dice. 

I hope you get lucky. Definitely close. I’d be psyched with 6”. I think once we count the backside we could get a few areas of 10” on the south shore. 
Have fun! Could be an epic day. 

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

Rap has Syracuse at nearly a foot of snow! No Kuchie Krapola stuff either. All 10:1 map.

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

Oh, wait. Oops. Sorry, @96blizz...

I can see that stupid dry slot working its way north near Elmira and I can also see a bit of suppression up near Kingston. One of them is going to screw us over. I just know it!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Even with all the new model runs coming in, BGM JUST posted a "new snowfall map" and look how much they adjusted it....AND check out the troll-job in NW Onondaga county just to my west. They read this board. I swear it. 

274715433_322864936554588_5418680123707329330_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s600x600&_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=NHh9FzL9Q48AX_k5Q-g&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=00_AT-j8PdqEpmYz_VLKxSx95ylvrmA6t-4PmSKtC2U_PUL7A&oe=621D6BE3

Absolutely seems NWS BGM checks in on our drivel sometimes.  If I were them (hint, hint), I'd have gone the other way though...showing a snow minima in that NW corner. :devilsmiley: