Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Potential of Widespread Snow/ Mixed Precipitation 2/25

sferic

15 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I don't know which option I'd prefer. Seems the longer the primary holds on, the better the thumping is and we actually get more snow here. Just gotta play with fire.

Go big or go home bro lol 

Nam gives you double what the euro shows, so what if we hear a few pellets haha

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Yeah but they will call it 5"-10" and it will be an advisory lol

I'm feeling like this is a 4-8 event with a couple high end lollies in lake enhanced areas.  Kind of straddling the line between advisory and warning but does it really make a difference?  Just cover up the grass and mud please.  Coastal transfers have been known to disappoint in far WNY so hedge your expectations accordingly  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TugHillMatt said:

I saw that, and am quite surprised.

I think it’s the lake enhancement high ratio snow that’ll do it. We hit the numbers spit out in the last big storm on Koochie thanks to Lake Enhanced and Lake Effect. Not saying it’s what will happen but I like the upper end of 8” for sure. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 96blizz said:

I think it’s the lake enhancement high ratio snow that’ll do it. We hit the numbers spit out in the last big storm on Koochie thanks to Lake Enhanced and Lake Effect. Not saying it’s what will happen but I like the upper end of 8” for sure. 

True. If that high ratio stuff occurs, I can see us hitting double digits. BGM's latest discussion is saying 7 to 12 inches. Their discussions up until now have been they're rather unimpressed with lake potential behind the system, so not sure if they're including that much in the map.  I'm going with the lower end for now.

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

True. If that high ratio stuff occurs, I can see us hitting double digits. BGM's latest discussion is saying 7 to 12 inches. Their discussions up until now have been they're rather unimpressed with lake potential behind the system, so not sure if they're including that much in the map.  I'm going with the lower end for now.

Shocker. Lol. 

I think they’re not big on true lake effect because things dry up quick. But the lake enhanced is another story. This part…image.thumb.png.00b9b05620e25105784da2a5d7dc38af.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1