• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

My mundane drive to work at 530 am should be anything but. People want Jack's but tomorrow is gonna be a pretty crazy kind of storm.

Well, I didn’t exactly mean it in that regard. I meant it more in the sense that  3-5 4-8”  isn’t all that exciting when modeling seems to be on a downtrend all day. That’s not good to keep posting going.  Look at yesterday’s explosion during the day when modeling was ramping up..post and Page  count went through the roof. 

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Well, I didn’t exactly mean it in that regard. I meant it more in the sense that  3-5 4-8”  isn’t all that exciting when modeling seems to be on a downtrend all day. That’s not good to keep posting going.  Look at yesterday’s explosion during the day when modeling was ramping up..post and Page  count went through the roof. 

Seeing the NAM introduce something we haven't seen much of,  CSI , convective instability, slanted. Maybe some  Tsnow or Tsleet?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

One has to wonder what it is that prompted models to have a 10 inches to the coast frenzy last night in the first place, only to pull the rug out under by this morning. It is never a good feeling to wake up and see the snow line scalped up over the forehead of CT. 

And the Russia thing really bothers me and freaks me out. I do a lot of study of Chimpanzees, who have extremely similar coalitions, and the fore-planning of invasions and war... The behavior of taking other peoples land by murder and force is most definitely in our genes, and so is the prevalence of alpha-male authoritarian rule. The behavior of human war is nothing of surprise. It is shared by most other primates. These traits are not in my blood however, which is of course why I am a lower-ranking male.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

already sky high prices going even higher. Gas rose 20 cents at the station near my house today. Not sure I’ve ever seen that type of single day rise in my lifetime.

But getting back on topic, I’m expecting a shit ton of sleet here.

Shit ton of sleet or BL washed out and more snow than expected. That 850 60 knot jet slamming in running up can explode dendrites.  Gonna be a very interesting day of geeking.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Nobody is driving from Houlton, or north of there down to Bangor for anything. That’s a 3-4 hour desolate drive down to Bangor.  

Houlton and Fort Kent are 2 plus hours apart. Houlton is a pretty big town for that area.   And a Presque isle is known as the hub of Aroostook…its got everything one needs…definitely a small town, but doesn’t feel all that remote for up there.  Caribou is another cool small town, that has everything you need. But Once you get north of caribou…it starts to get much, much more sparse. Fort Kent and Madawaska are neat lil small towns too.  Folks are really genuine and sincere up there…again, it’s a different world in that respect as well.  

Yes, I absolutely loved it up there! Special place.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Pretty significant 24-hour changes in the GFS.  A day ago to the current run.  Plenty of discussion of how SWFE work though as folks understand the game.  Snowfall will bump northward and become less impressive in the jackpot zone.  More uniform snowfall.  SWFE have 6-10" totals, not 10-15".

1.thumb.png.19482db5ff0c0745850a609e90cde7a6.png

2.thumb.png.1520fb879d135039ceb7bc6d49b950f1.png

I am so glad I wasn't following yesterday

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Nobody is driving from Houlton, or north of there down to Bangor for anything. That’s a 3-4 hour desolate drive down to Bangor.  

Houlton and Fort Kent are 2 plus hours apart. Houlton is a pretty big town for that area.   And a Presque isle is known as the hub of Aroostook…its got everything one needs…definitely a small town, but doesn’t feel all that remote for up there.  Caribou is another cool small town, that has everything you need. But Once you get north of caribou…it starts to get much, much more sparse. Fort Kent and Madawaska are neat lil small towns too.  Folks are really genuine and sincere up there…again, it’s a different world in that respect as well.  

Depending on weather, I may try and get up there for a long weekend before the end of March. I’ve only been as far as Millinocket 

All things considered, Short terms packing a fair amount of frozen precip nearly all the way down to the water... Looking at some 10:1 maps show 6 inches of snow clear into Groton, which means even this location just might be heavily glazed over with a mix of sleet and snow, not just wet. These short term models keep me just inside a solution that is snowier than not. 

I Think only the NAM is relentless about a plain rain scenario for the first 10 miles of the CT coast.

This gives me the idea that virtually all of CT could be a crusty skating rink for the morning commutes tomorrow, even when the coast changes to some rain. Temperature dropped one degree in Groton to 31 degrees since 2-3 hours ago 

It is tantalizing, but the abrupt trend returning colder and wetter I have been praying for on the short terms has not quite materialized.

58 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Pretty significant 24-hour changes in the GFS.  A day ago to the current run.  Plenty of discussion of how SWFE work though as folks understand the game.  Snowfall will bump northward and become less impressive in the jackpot zone.  More uniform snowfall.  SWFE have 6-10" totals, not 10-15".

1.thumb.png.19482db5ff0c0745850a609e90cde7a6.png

2.thumb.png.1520fb879d135039ceb7bc6d49b950f1.png

Is this a positive twist to GFS Cutting QPF ? I’m not really following this today but trying to understand your last posts about GFS as I check in before bed