• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.

Typhoon Tip

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Post yours

Sure here you go... since I’m lying right?  @The 4 Seasons and I going through Bufkit and confirming our thoughts that the vendor maps are way overdone on maps like HRRR. much less snow on bufkit than the weenie maps are showing.. gfs right now only snowy model for southern half of CT.

12925927-F05A-4510-8D4A-35926B285D14.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I think people still see the weenie maps and anticipate those totals 

I don't think most people look at anything but surface, I try not to even look at them and focus on temps at all the levels of the atmosphere, fascinating stuff, I still struggle with deciphering soundings though

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Years ago there was a late season storm that dropped 2”+ of sleet in Greenfield and roads were a disaster. 

The 2"+ of sleet (mixed with freezing rain) we had here just to your west a couple weeks ago was more disruptive than 8-12" of snow. It was compounded by the Arctic airmass immediately following the storm. I went out to the driveway towards the end of the storm, tapped the mass of ice with my shovel once or twice, and went right back inside. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ScottieBird said:

For anyone who's been studying SNE climo for any length of time in these types of events knows how absolutely ridiculous those winters storm watches were for the South Coast of RI and MA. Absolutely ridiculous. 

I don't know how a watch can be ridiculous, but I've been certain that we're looking at a mainly rain, couple inches of slush at best thing.

Honestly, the blizzard actually being a blizzard here shook my confidence in pessimism at all times, which was a welcome experience. But it has its limits. The cold don't hold in the bay.

52 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Sure here you go... since I’m lying right?  @The 4 Seasons and I going through Bufkit and confirming our thoughts that the vendor maps are way overdone on maps like HRRR. much less snow on bufkit than the weenie maps are showing.. gfs right now only snowy model for southern half of CT.

12925927-F05A-4510-8D4A-35926B285D14.png

Ok thanks but dude chill. No one said you are lying just wanted to see it. Lol. Dude.....isn't bufkit just nam and gfs rap

plotter.png

plotter (1).png

2 hours ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

yes much warmer than the torch at 6z here .. Kuchera and snow depth maps are 0-3" most of southern ct, 3-6" northern half, 1-3" of snow and sleet then ice storm for me and you.. 

14 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

There's more we have hrrr downloaded too..  It's like 2-4" shore 4-8" inland with 10" extreme north at bdl..

You confused me. Good luck on your forecast.