• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

It took longer than expected but the north shift is here! NAM is starting to be concerning bc it's not doing the normal nap flip flop HREF and RGEM are warm as well.. It's really GFS EURO and HRRR vs the NAM and RGEM

It did take longer and I acknowledge that for sure. We’ll see what 12z does.

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m just so tired of weenies trying to shove it back into our faces when we try to actually use our experience with these and warn about risks to the warmer side. 
Euro looks to be too cold right now and has been. NAM still may be aggressive, but honestly it hasn’t had a whole scale change and if anything got warmer at 6z. So that means something, even if it’s too aggressive.

Yup. Keep fighting the battles and let em fall on your sword. 

1 hour ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

That’s only euro, obviously the off hour euro run last night was wrong and did it again, those off hour runs can’t be trusted. Weird battle going on with nam inside 24 hours and everything else even rgem is pretty toasty..

That was more tongue and cheek because someone said all of them were but especially when the trends go the wrong way, And yes, The Euro has done this since 06 and 18z runs started but get over looked by some when it shows snow in there BY.

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

That was more tongue and cheek because someone said all of them were but especially when the trends go the wrong way, And yes, The Euro has done this since 06 and 18z runs started but get over looked by some when it shows snow in there BY.

Ya, I didn’t believe that 18z run last night for a second, damn off hour runs are a joke they have to fix that on euro.

I was getting crap for saying not to sell the Nam, After that 02/04 event it sniffed out the warmth and like a bulldog with a bone, It didn't let it go, Looks like it doubled down at 06z, Lets see what 12z looks like, Many in here have wiggle room, Its the ones on the fringes it affects the most.

Just now, dryslot said:

I was getting crap for saying not to sell the Nam, After that 02/04 event it sniffed out the warmth and like a bulldog with a bone, It didn't let it go, Looks like it doubled down at 06z, Lets see what 12z looks like, Many in here have wiggle room, Its the ones on the fringes it affects the most.

What do you think about hrrr being so cold, usually it's both nam And hrrr that sniff it out.. 12/2020 comes to mind where nam and hrrr nailed that warm layer way north 

1 minute ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

What do you think about hrrr being so cold, usually it's both nam And hrrr that sniff it out.. 12/2020 comes to mind where nam and hrrr nailed that warm layer way north 

I'm not sure what to think, I think it may have been you if not apologies but i don't really trust the HRRR until right about now when we get to the 24 hr mark, I have found it to be to aggressive at times with its thermals and output of qpf especially up here, It could be right but looks like even the globals are showing some warmth as well, But knowing how these SWFE's go, I'm not surprised by whats happening right now,.

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol epic melts. Euro is fine. GFS is fine HRRR is fine RAP is fine. Kevin weenies wobbles. WTF is going on in here.  Scooter never brags but always comes out with the WTTE. Lol it's a riot. Seymour in panic mode. This is great.

For me it's all about getting to seasonal average. Was hoping to get more than 1 to 2 with this one but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol epic melts. Euro is fine. GFS is fine HRRR is fine RAP is fine. Kevin weenies wobbles. WTF is going on in here.  Scooter never brags but always comes out with the WTTE. Lol it's a riot. Seymour in panic mode. This is great.

This is spot on. And this is, and was my point last night. Scooter the fortune teller lmao. He’s always telling us so.  It’s gonna be a good storm/impactful  for most. 4-8” with sleet and freezing drizzle for a large area. Those that stay mostly snow..Ray and  Jeff and Dave…a foot. There it is in a nutshell. Lock it. 

• Like 1

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I actually think that’s a pretty realistic depiction of what will happen. 

Me too. That looks good for a vast majority of this sub forum. If the sleet holds off a tad longer in someone’s spot, they see the higher end of the 4-8” range, and maybe over achieve. But that will be a nowcast deal.  

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.
  • dendrite unpinned this topic