• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Are we starting to look at 10-14” from coastal CT to S shore BOS? Seems possible 

The Euro always underdoes the warm nose in these events on the very SRN edge of the big snows it depicts.  It seems to be almost a lock every time.  I said earlier the zone from about midway between BDR-BDL on south has to be wary of snow totals being way overdone, this is all of coastal CT and the SRN  Hudson Valley in my forum

9 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

lol toss that far and wide

6 minutes ago, tunafish said:

what are the synoptic features that pushed the Euro south?  

6 minutes ago, Johnno said:

Wow, shaping up to be the biggest snowfall of the season here if that verified 

3 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Why

Just now, weathafella said:

So you’re then saying that no one in sne gets warning snow.  Good luck.

Synoptically it is meteorologically sound. Whether it's right? But watch out...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Are we starting to look at 10-14” from coastal CT to S shore BOS? Seems possible 

That is a beautiful map and I wish it were correct....but, the mix line is always closer than you expect, I am sure many will be glued to the CC radar trying to push that mix line south. Lol, hopefully it stays in Jersey

Does anyone else besides me find it extremely odd that Forky Omega QC only comes into out threads when there snow events that their area is missing out on ? We never see them any other times. And it’s never. Wow this looks great for SNE. It’s always “bump the snow 150 miles north” And then when they’re wrong. They completely disappear until the next snow event that misses NJ 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Does anyone else besides me find it extremely odd that Forky Omega QC only comes into out threads when there snow events that their area is missing out on ? We never see them any other times. And it’s never. Wow this looks great for SNE. It’s always “bump the snow 150 miles north” And then when they’re wrong. They completely disappear until the next snow event that misses NJ 

I’m not missing out??

31 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Absolutely!  He got to do what he loves and still going strong.

Not many can say that.

All guidance this afternoon trended colder (except 12z UK which was the coldest extreme at 0z).

Unless we get surprises at 0z, it's likely both Harv and NWS will expand the 8-12" further south.

And spots 12-18" may start appearing along and north of pike, especially interior east.

21 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

That is a beautiful map and I wish it were correct....but, the mix line is always closer than you expect, I am sure many will be glued to the CC radar trying to push that mix line south. Lol, hopefully it stays in Jersey

One of last year's events was looking uncertain 24-48 hours before it set in, with the same question being where abouts would the Sleet mix line intrude. Some of us thought it would get up to about Willimantic. Other predictions were that it would remain off the CT shore. I know that it never got anywhere close to us and decent snow fell straight down to the coast. 

I don't remember what kind of setup that storm was or if it was similar to this. I think there were 3 "Main" snow storms last year for CT. But I am not going to assume underestimated warm nose intrusion this time because in more recent memory, it has not been as invasive up against forecast as was the case when I was younger in the 2000s. 

Could Maunder Minimum throw a monkey wrench in the anticipation of warm nose intrusion potency compared to the 2000s?

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

And the fact it wasn’t an 18z tic back north after a 12z tic back south makes us think we have a chance. Still skeptical  tomorrow comes back north.

The latent heating from my slushy lake of yard refreezing won’t be ingested until the 12z raobs.

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You don’t live in New England. So why do you post in our forums though? No one understands 

Guess I shouldn’t post in here either . Didn’t know you had to stick to your exact region lol.  I go between the two as nw jersey is closer to New England wx wise vs nyc 

2 minutes ago, rgwp96 said:

Guess I shouldn’t post in here either . Didn’t know you had to stick to your exact region lol.  I go between the two as nw jersey is closer to New England wx wise vs nyc 

Nah, it’s all good. It’s just the folks who wish snow away from this region that don’t live here, we find odd. 

• Like 1

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.
  • dendrite unpinned this topic