• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.

Typhoon Tip

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Here is why that area in interior NE MA and adjacent SNH could do very well. Notice the low level temp gradient near Ray.

image.png.8a95f74f312bb20e4f8327069b7b472f.png

Now look at those 850 winds out of the east and north of the 850 front. That's kind of what Will and Chris were saying. There is also still weak WAA at 850, so you have a mechanism for some lift. That could be a nice spot with the combo of a CF and that cold, erly flow at 850.

image.png.b9f7e8372ebd01626b64c703ffa68403.png

Yeah there is going to be some CF enhancement on this storm too....The combo of CF enhancement and wherever the mid-level WF slows down and starts to slide east is where they could get smoked...like a 12-16" spot....and right now the best spot for that looks like NE MA and SE NH....maybe back down 495 to near ORH assuming we don't see any northward ticks.

2 minutes ago, HinghamBoss said:

Wow, feels like I am going to be living right on the edge of advisory vs warning snows.  A few days ago I would have laughed off the possibility of 6"+ here.  Now I sit here and look at the models and wonder...is 6-8" possibility?  What's your take for our area, @CoastalWx

Earlier this morning I thought 4-7....5-8ish. I more confidence in the middle to higher end. I'd probably wait until after 00z runs to up anything. Still some things that need to be worked out. East winds eventually will warm us up to probably 33 if/when it does turn to sleet. But still cold aloft, and there maybe an additional inch or more in the evening as it cools off and the flow aloft is still NE. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah there is going to be some CF enhancement on this storm too....The combo of CF enhancement and wherever the mid-level WF slows down and starts to slide east is where they could get smoked...like a 12-16" spot....and right now the best spot for that looks like NE MA and SE NH....maybe back down 495 to near ORH assuming we don't see any northward ticks.

What if we see south ticks?

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, wxsniss said:

Not as big a jump as expected from confluence, but a definite trend south

Still on the much warmer end of the spectrum

Good hit for SNH

It still looks bizarre, and its behavior is changed not much from the last run. Needless to say what it suggests deviates entirely from the rest. 

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.
  • dendrite unpinned this topic