• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.

Typhoon Tip

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Ukie is the first model to go north this cycle aside from the NAM....though not a surprise since the Ukie was obscenely cold at 00z. Looks pretty close to the rest of the non-NAM 12z models now.

Pretty good consensus now aside from the NAM. Was thinking some ticks north were in the cards from some of the other guidance, but so far not yet.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Ugh, be safe. Take as many highways you can?

Funny..my advice for years has ALWAYS avoid interstate highways during snow storms. I've found over many years of driving they're the worst place to be. Seen way too many friends get stuck for hours on interstates when a few extra minutes on secondaries would have saved the hassle

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

Funny..my advice for years has ALWAYS avoid interstate highways during snow storms. I've found over many years of driving they're the worst place to be. Seen way too many friends get stuck for hours on interstates when a few extra minutes on secondaries would have saved the hassle

I learned that lesson well in the '78 blizzard by doing just that, only it was a few extra hours, not minutes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

Interesting take as I'd rather take it easy in the slow lane on mostly straight plowed highways then stress myself out on tighter, more turns, and hillier unplowed back roads. 

17 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

depends on the time of day and amount of traffic.  During peak traffic I'd rather be on side roads, but late at night or very low volume I'd rather be alone and cruise behind a convoy of plows on the hwy/interstate. 

• Like 1

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.
  • dendrite unpinned this topic