• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.

Typhoon Tip

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Oh, you must be referring to that comment I snarked last night.   I meant that in deference to that particular run, ...as in, the RGEM's rendition sucked.

The model may in fact suck, in general.  But I'm not I don't use it?  I get the sense for those that do, and comment on it... that is may have patterns it does better in.  This season may not have featured very many of those -

Yeah. I don’t know if it has had any redeeming qualities this season. I know you and Jeff (Dryslut) have shown distaste for it at various times.  I have no clue how it scores lately and for which parameters. 

But it makes pretty snow maps

6 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

12z models so far are a fairly sharp difference from the NAM

Still early to spike the football, but recently when the NAMs are on their own island so to speak, we know how it ends....Even when it was the Euro/Nam combo, in the end they were wrong, even right up until gametime

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You can just sense the denial and anxiety.. People tossed the Nam yesterday like the Ukie today. The Nam was designed for warm layers 

Still not with you AT ALL on this. I would never take the NAM over all other models (  especially that them being the closest they have been with eachother all season ).  Sorry man.. Just my feeling.  If there were at least 1 or 2 remotely like it.. I might possibly consider it. 

It's a Big TOSS For me

The fact that all other 12z guidance is actually trending in the opposite of direction of the NAM makes it even less likely to believe the NAM than normal.

I personally think the GFS is prob too cold, but the NAM is prob too warm. I'd expect them to converge.

10 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea. I have 6-8 NCT, 4-6 CCT, and 2-4 SCT but mostly lower amounts south because of prolonged sleet so the impacts would be the same imwo. 

GFS thumps southern CT hard just after midnight tomorrow well before the mid levels warm we'd do several inches before any changeover easily.. let me check how horrible the growth is on that look.  HRRR actually has great snow growth with 1-2" per hour rates at 10:1 .. I wonder if we over perform with the thump intensity and end up mixing earlier as usual and still get around 6" anyways...

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The fact that all other 12z guidance is actually trending in the opposite of direction of the NAM makes it even less likely to believe the NAM than normal.

I personally think the GFS is prob too cold, but the NAM is prob too warm. I'd expect them to converge.

Agree.

2 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

GFS thumps southern CT hard just after midnight tomorrow well before the mid levels warm we'd do several inches before any changeover easily.. let me check how horrible the growth is on that look.

Gfs soundings are still not grear with the lift below the dgz but to does decent lift above. 

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.
  • dendrite unpinned this topic