• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, must suck coming off the 3 footer last year.

Tough pill to swallow for sure.

I retain snow like crazy yet I managed to completely lose all 34" of it in that pre-Christmas cutter. It was like I blinked and it was gone. I mowed the lawn on New Year's Day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

I retain snow like crazy yet I managed to completely lose all 34" of it in that pre-Christmas cutter. It was like I blinked and it was gone. I mowed the lawn on New Year's Day.

LOL I would honestly rather that, than a foot storm that lasts the entire season....but just me.

Just now, dendrite said:

I retain snow like crazy yet I managed to completely lose all 34" of it in that preChristmas cutter. IT was like I blinked and it was gone. I mowed the lawn on New Year's Day.

Deformed feathers will do that. It's great to experience, I'd sacrifice my first born for it, but once it's over...I would regret it. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

EPS still has the same max zone along Rt 2 and into NH/MA border region....been very consistent with that.

It is just a lot more generous down south now into N and C  CT/RI/SE MA than it was before.

Must have been a few more members that came in like the OP.

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Deformed feathers will do that. It's great to experience, I'd sacrifice my first born for it, but once it's over...I would regret it. 

Yeah the chicken feathers settled to 20" pretty quickly, but the grinch took care of the rest of it. I had 34" so there was still 2" of liquid in that pack. But 12hrs of 60F dews just laughed at it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, dendrite said:

Yeah the chicken feathers settled to 20" pretty quickly, but the grinch took care of the rest of it. I had 34" so there was still 2" of liquid in that pack. But 12hrs of 60F dews just laughed at it.

What was you max depth with that? Did you actually measure a 34" depth?

Just now, dendrite said:

That was one of the most ridiculous cutters ever. I think we had like 150 knots coming straight from Cuba in that. :lol:

Of course it happened on Xmas Eve night when everyone had deep snow around.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The irony is that this probably will be the first real widespread event where everyone gets something, and amounts are fairly uniform all things considered. :lol:  

Yeah I think lost in most of the discourse in here is that these events aren't going to have 18" amounts next to a 9" screw zone. That just doesn't happen and these events are pretty generous in a wide zone too. Like for example, the 2/5/14 analog I keep pointing to gave BTV to powderfreak like 9-10" of synoptic snow....they didn't get screwed just because the pike region jackpotted with some 12-13" amounts. It was really wide area of solid warning snows.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

In SW CT we have only experienced 6 below average snowfalls this century! No complaints about snowfall. We sit back and are neutral like Switzerland without the mountains.

I've had 12.....wasn't bad until these past 4 consecutive, assuming I don't reach normal this year.

• Like 1

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.
  • dendrite unpinned this topic